Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have one?

what was your horses confirmations. and did it work for you?

I sent in my wither tracing to a couple of saddle shops, and they are recommending an arabian saddle or regular quarter horse bars. they said the arabian fit better but has less gullet clearance than the regular bar saddle.

my horse is older, sunken behind the shoulders. they said arabian saddles are good for horses with wide sprung ribs. I don't know if my horse has those.

I've attached a pic of my boy to get an idea of what he looks like.

thanks!!

Attachments

·
Registered
13,661 Posts

I would say by the pictures, the Arabian Abetta would fit better than the Regular QH Bars version, reason: The gullet and angle on both are almost identical, but only the Arabian has slightly flared leading edge of the Bars so it with fit your Horses Big Shoulders better.....

·
Registered
361 Posts
Both actually. I had the arabian tree and my friend had the QH tree. Neither one of them worked.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Both actually. I had the arabian tree and my friend had the QH tree. Neither one of them worked.
Posted via Mobile Device
thanks for the info. so does your horse have a shape like my horse?

did you happen to do a wither tracing before buying your abetta saddle?

I have the opportunity to buy a used one but no return option that way.

I appreciate the input =)

·
Registered
361 Posts
Your horse's withers don't look high like mine. Judging from the pic the saddle might bridge a bit but with the right saddle pad it should be fine. What kind of riding do you plan on doing?
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.