The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
I am sorry it upsets you, but I do not find it horrid at all. From your screen name, I am not surprised that you would object, but remember that just as you have the right to choose that belief system, others have the right to choose not to object to slaughter, of horses or any other animal.

·
Super Moderator
26,875 Posts
I think shutting them down was a mistake. They need to bring them back.

·
Registered
561 Posts
You know how PETA is all against the Canadian seal hunt? Well. If we didn't do something, we would be overrun with seals. And I'm pretty sure that slaughter houses are more humane than the seal hunt. I'm not pro- seal hunt but if we don't want to be out-populated by them, something needs to be done. It's kind of the same with horse slaughter.. I wish it wasn't necesary, but unfortunately it is.

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
If you are looking for an audience for PETA and HSUS propaganda you are on the wrong forum. To continue the present course in outlawing horse slaughter is cutting off your nose to spite your face. Horse plants can bring jobs and money to communities that desperately need it and help bolster the horse market as well.

·
Registered
561 Posts
PETA consists mostly of extremist activists who will tell you anything to try and prove a point. And most of the time, what they're saying is so far from the truth.

·
Registered
23,642 Posts
I'm all for horse slaughter.... as long as it's in a facility designed for a horse's physiology - taking into consideration a very long, movable neck.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
I agree there is a need because there is more horses than homes. It's still sad that we need slaughter houses. : (

·
Registered
107 Posts
Finally! About time we start getting it overturned. So much unnecessary suffering for the horses caused by people thinking with their hearts and not their minds.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
im glad, its better then them starving to death in some feild in three feet of mud :)

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
I used to be REALLY, REALLY anti-slaughter.....but after I did a lot of research and actually openned my eyes to see that not every horse has a perfect home where they get food and love it made me think... I would hate to have horses just standing and starving out in fields where people can't or choose not to take care of them and not all horses can have homes especially in this economy...it's the sad and brutal truth but in the long run it's what's best.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I think it's a necessary evil.
People in Australia are trying to ban the brumby cull in QLD.
Brumby cull to kill thousands in Carnarvon National Park | Courier Mail
Sure they could probably think of a better way rather than having them all running froma helicopter, but it's still something that needs to be done.
It's the same crap we get from people overseas when we have to cull the kangaroo population. Or when we had to cull a heap of camels in the desert because they were over populating.
It's just not possible for every horse/other animal to be left alive. That's why there's natural selection. It's not nice, but it's better than domestic horses starving in a crappy paddock with no care, just like the cull is better than the brumby's exhausting the food source and starving in the bush.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
I fully support PETA -- People Eating Tasty Animals :)
OMG!! i actually burst out laughing at that!!!! it sounds a little cruel, but seriously? its hilarious XD hahaha nextime i hear a PETA person going on about all their crap im going to respond with that comment XD

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I'm not for PETA by any means...but the whole "People Eating Tasty Animals" deal is extremely immature and makes you sound like you're about 12....
All I'm gonna say here.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Yes, a joke at the OP's expense, pretty cool there..:?
It's only a difference of opinion, if people disagree they can shake their heads and leave.
Just sayin. :)

1 - 20 of 164 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.