The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,845 Posts
I live a couple hours north of Ely but from my time working down there I can tell you, depending exactly where the property is, I doubt you'll be escaping there in the winter unfortunately.
Elevation of the Great Basin National Park is 6,500-10,000 ft. Looking at the local weather it was 12* there this morning. Ely is at 6500ft and has tougher winters than we do. And a lot of northern Nevadans call our town "Little Siberia". LOL.

I think if you're looking to escape winter you'll have to go even farther south. But the country you picked is beautiful.

·
Registered
7,845 Posts
@COWCHICK77, thank you for your input. I'm in SLC, UT so I'm used to cold winters. What I'd actually like to escape is the inversion (pollution). There's no guarantee I'd go in the winter, just want the option.

I'm thinking about [re]adding Arizona to the list. The property I'm considering there is my absolute favorite. It's also the best per-acre deal of the three I'm considering. I only ruled it out because it's a day's drive. So, I wouldn't use it as a weekend getaway, more like someplace to spend a week or more during school breaks. In truth, I wouldn't likely visit a NV or WY any more frequently since there are always weekend activities like my son's soccer games, horse shows, etc.
If you live in SLC you know the cold too! LOL!
And if you're just wanting to get away from the inversion, heck why Not? Plus it's not that far of a drive like you said.
Have looked around Panaca or Caliente?

We went to AZ this winter to look at north of Prescott, Chino Valley, Seligman. I just didn't fall in love with it like I love Nevada. I am a desert rat all the way through..Lol. I need to see for a long ways.
However I wouldn't mind going to Wickenburg for a couple months out of the winter to rope and play in the sun!

Have you made the drive to any of these places to see if you fall in love with it?

Reactions: Pearl5
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.