The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15,995 Posts
@COWCHICK77, thank you for your input. I'm in SLC, UT so I'm used to cold winters. What I'd actually like to escape is the inversion (pollution). There's no guarantee I'd go in the winter, just want the option.

I'm thinking about [re]adding Arizona to the list. The property I'm considering there is my absolute favorite. It's also the best per-acre deal of the three I'm considering. I only ruled it out because it's a day's drive. So, I wouldn't use it as a weekend getaway, more like someplace to spend a week or more during school breaks. In truth, I wouldn't likely visit a NV or WY any more frequently since there are always weekend activities like my son's soccer games, horse shows, etc.
I wouldn't vote for either the NV or WY properties because I hate cold & snow.

Where in AZ?

·
Registered
15,995 Posts
PSS. Dreamcatcher, I don't think Show Low is super expensive compared to the rest of Arizona. There are definitely some expensive homes and properties here, but compared with the rest of Arizona, it's not as bad, especially for the more rural areas. We used to live in Phoenix and we couldn't afford horse property there. Especially not anything over an acre. We moved to a rural area outside Show Low and now we have horse property. But that was also 20 some years ago, things always go up. But compared to the Phoenix area, land is cheaper up here, especially rural with no amenities.
It's definitely less than Tucson, Phoenix and all that. We lived up in the Catalinas and looked at Show Low as a possible move, my husband worked up there as a Flight Nurse with Native Air. We loved it. But we didn't see anything remotely close to what we can afford here in OK. I also wasn't crazy about how crowded everything was, so we came back to OK after a couple of years. Who knows, we may find our way back that way again sometime. I do miss riding in the desert and the dry river beds. Not so much missing Monsoon.

Reactions: Pearl5

·
Registered
15,995 Posts
I don't know which makes me more nervous: the fires or Monsoon.:???::???:

Aah well, if I were looking back east I'd be paranoid about ticks/Lyme and complaining about humidity.
Monsoon is really a tempest in a tea cup, really. It gets horrendously hot & humid and then it rains, a LOT sometimes but it goes away very quickly.

Reactions: Pearl5
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.