The Horse Forum banner

1341 - 1360 of 1361 Posts

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,341 ·
Finally had a ride last night! He was off for about a week, and we had to have a reminder on what it meant to half halt. Some of it wasn't that pretty. I'm also still trying to really relax and loosen my hips in order to have a better ride overall and to be clearer to Diego what I want. Riding with the parking brake on has to stop! I'll have to see if Nick will record some of our canter work tonight. I feel like I'm better able to loosen and relax my hips at the canter and really give him that space to lift through his back better. He's incredibly hard to open up and lift his back on to begin with since that was never requested of him before. He used to be like a stiff two by four, and while a few times in the leg yield I went "whoa he's really bent there", it's such a HUGE change from when we first started working on them. Our goal is to be showing First 3 at our show in April. Our regional show is in June, where we aim to show one Training Level Test 3, and a couple First Level Test 3 classes. Nationals I'll be doing all three Training Level Test 3 classes, and one or two First Level Test 3 tests if we feel he's capable. Then this fall/winter we'll be buckling down to make our jump to Second and work to school Third. I still have a lot of work to do, but we are getting A LOT closer to it. Nick was making fun of me last night with some of our lengthenings. He goes "you're lengthening too much. You're supposed to just go faster!" He's obviously kidding, but we've been seeing so much of the run faster instead of an actual lengthen. And our transitions were totally on fire last night. He really lifted into the upward and downward transitions. And when I say that, I'm not meaning yanking his head up in the air like an idiot. Only people refusing to see what they're doing think that's what I'm doing. What I mean by that is Diego carries his weight behind and steps lightly into both the upward and downward transition. We go from one nice representation of a gait to a nice representation of another gait. I'm super pleased and proud of how far they've come since he used to be so unbalanced and throw himself every which way while falling flat on his forehand.

I also left his spook in there. Not everything we do is pretty. But I'm thrilled he came back from that and went back to work with minimal issues :)

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
He is really coming along and you can see the relaxation through his loins. I mean his back looks better but the tension in his sacrum from your first rides to now looks so much better

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,343 ·
@carshon, yes! He's much, much happier in his work now. A lot of times if he gets grumpy, it's something I'm personally doing to cause it. Like I have a bad tendency to drop my inside hand. Well, when I do that, I'm basically trying to pull him onto the forehand while my body and aids are asking him to sit back on his hindquarters. So in videos you see where he gets a bit testy, it's purely from me and my horrible habit. I'm working hard at fixing it though.

It has been SO PRETTY out lately! Mid 60's to 70's this week! I rode on Monday and Tuesday after riding Saturday. I'll be riding again tonight. Then rain comes in so won't be able to ride tomorrow or Friday. Saturday he has the chiro to make sure he's feeling his best :)

This was from our Saturday ride. Since we're working to show first level test 3 in April, I had to check to make sure we could leg yield off the wall. He's been doing VERY well with moving off my legs lately and understanding bend is through the rib cage not the head and neck. I'm super, super pleased with him! I tend to drop my inside hand the most when I get focused on other tasks. Nick is working to help me, which is why I don't often post video with natural sound but music instead. He doesn't appreciate me posting his coaching, and in order to have him keep helping me I listen to his desires ;) I do send it to a couple people, which he knows about and is okay with lol

Monday and Tuesday we played with some things we really hadn't before. We wanted to kind of get a feeling for some of the second level movements since our tentative goal is to still show that at the end of the year. I'm feeling more confident in my riding and my ability to put Diego together, so we figured why not. Let's see what we have. We have a lot to polish still of course. Need a lot of work on the canter walk canter from good lead to hard lead. And work to keep him a bit more supple in the counter canter loops. But really, I'm incredibly happy with our starting point. One of the things I appreciate a lot about Diego is whenever he tenses up in the back, he pretty much always gets the gelding squeak going. It used to be that would pop up and good luck ever getting him to soften and relax the rest of the ride. Now I have enough tools in my kit that I can get him back much easier. I also think he really likes the couple new things we've thrown at him this week. I truly think the more we start throwing at this horse, the happier he is going to be. But it won't ever matter if I don't have him nice and relaxed first. I know to a lot of people the tail looks super high, which would typically indicate a super tight, tense back. When in fact that is really super low for Diego. Especially at the canter, his tail was completely vertical. Do I hope to eventually have it nice and quietly down? Sure. But I'm also very pleased with how far it's come down already. Anyway, here's the new stuff from this week. I know it's not "OMG this is the best stuff I have ever seen!" However, I'm very very proud of where we are right now :)

On Friday though, we celebrated Kaleb's EIGHTH birthday! I'm not sure how I'm the mother of a child this old!

And on Saturday I got to go and help/watch my best friend show her absolutely GORGEOUS young mare! This mare will be four next month, and is Half Arabian/Half Hanovarian, Premium inspected Oldenburg while being site champion for the inspection as a foal. This was her second ever show under saddle and she's so gosh darn gorgeous! My best friend is SUPER tall, and this mare is every bit of 16.1 hands (I have video of her next to Diego in our lessons). The other chestnut in the warmup was a 5 year old 18 hand warmblood who was just the sweetest, kindest horse! And his owner was just adorable. We were instant fans!

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,344 ·
So Diego is getting a little break since he had a chiropractor appointment on Saturday and now it's raining! But his report is the best it has EVER been! Chiropractor told me keep doing what I'm doing! I attribute him building strength and muscle in his hind end to the fact he's not yanking his pelvis out of alignment! I'm so happy!

We had a couple nice work days though! One of the days I worked on leg yielding since one of our directions was amazing and one was terrible. We had a couple okay ones are hard way, and then some SUPER nice ones his good way. Went back and had ick ones his hard way. Reevaluated what the heck I was doing different, and discovered I was bracing SO BAD in my pelvis. Relaxed and allowed him to move over, and it was nearly as nice as his good way! Nick was super happy I figured out what was happening since he's not really that detail oriented currently. We had some super lengthening that night, which unfortunately Nick didn't record. And the lengthening he did record weren't as nice as they had been. But he'd been worked a lot for him last week, so to me he felt a little tired. I didn't overly push, but took what I could get while trying to focus on keeping my legs long instead of pulling them up. He's getting super good at stopping right when I tell him to. I almost felt like he had a bit of a slide to the halt in this video, hence me looking to see if there were any slide marks haha

Saturday before his chiro we did just a nice stretchy ride where we just did easy serpentines while focusing on staying loose and relaxed. Also did nice canter laps around my arena instead of worrying about being on a circle. He enjoyed the relaxing nature of it all :) I also love his wild little mane! It used to all lay super flat on one side. But the more supple he's getting, and the more we are getting true bend while changing bends, the more it's standing upright. I know a lot of people aren't a fan of crazy manes, but I love them!

He was also looking super adorable waiting for his chiro :)

Yesterday I had to hike my 25 lb vitamin and hay pellets across the creek to feed the ponies. Nick had JUST finished cleaning his baby up, and I couldn't bear to make it disgusting. He does SO much for me all the dang time, that I just couldn't bring myself to take the easy way out. I know he appreciated it though <3 but it's one of the few things I can do to show him I hear him and I care. He hauls me to lessons, he coaches me at home, he cleans the barn while I ride, and he's been preparing Izzie's sanctuary for foaling. I'm beyond fortunate to have him!

And an adorable picture in Diego's trail in hand class. While I will always, always love the challenge of Dressage, the challenge of doing trail courses (and true trail riding) will always intrigue me as well. I'm not one to care if you want to ride my chosen sport as long as you're happy doing it. The only thing that ever grates on my nerves is when someone tries to imply they are far better than someone else, and always have that air that others are beneath them. I take up an even bigger issue if that person can't even accurately do what they claim they are doing. And I take that as ANY sport. I don't like seeing people ripping around a jumping course if they are wildly out of control, dangerous, or do not have the position to be taking the fences they are taking. I don't care for people over facing their horses whether it be in the show ring or outside of it. The trails one of my absolute best friends rides are way above the level I'd take Diego on as it would be horribly over facing him. But Izzie would adore the challenge of it. It's all about knowing your horse and what they are capable of doing. I don't care if people show or don't show. My bestest best friend is terrified about showing under saddle. I tell him to do whatever he wants. One friend gets show anxiety. I talk her through it if she wants to show, and heavily support her when she enters. One of my other best friends lives for showing. And my final best friend is WAY happier trail riding. And I'll NEVER say "just" trail riding because I know the trails she takes. And there is no "just" about it. She's hardcore and I love her for it. Me? I enjoy showing, but I'm also not going to fall into a crying puddle of mush if I can't show. I love showing, but it's not the be all end all of my life. My horses are so much more than dressage horses and show horses. As my best friend always says, "your horse isn't just a Dressage horse, is it? No. It's a dressage horse, a trail horse, a kid's horse, a husband horse, and a costume horse (well, Izzie is). They are so much more than "just a Dressage horse"." And that has always stuck with me. Anyway, onto the adorable photo of Diego I had to submit for his USEF award for winning the region champion for working western (aka trail in hand lol)

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,346 ·
Thank you @knightrider! It's one of the few Nick picked. I was having trouble deciding, and since I had to get a full rights photo (more expensive), I was very indecisive about it. I asked him to pick, and that's the one he liked :D

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,347 ·
Time for an update! During all this, I've ridden a few times. We are slowly, slowly getting better. We worked on a few things last night that I'm proud to have conquered. One was we were doing walk to canter and canter to walk. It felt like a good day to do it, so we did :) to the left he kept trying to drop his inside shoulder and shove his barrel into me as soon as we stepped into the canter. I re enforced the bend and made sure I wasn't dropping my inside hand (which I tried a couple times while cantering, but Nick yelled at me), and we had much better transitions. To the right is his harder way, so you'll notice I didn't immediately correct the unbalanced moment when we stepped into the canter. I brought him back and tried it again after sitting him back a bit more and they were much nicer. We have to work on keeping the straightness on the long side, but that's something I've slowly been working up to. He's still getting more comfortable keeping a bend through his body, so trying not to do too much work that will confuse him.

As for me, I'm working hard on looking up, sitting up, keep my legs and seat better connected, and keeping my inside hand from dropping so much. It's slowly coming together as well :) we are signing up for our first show of the year soon, and I'm excited for that!

Diego also got his USEF High Point ribbons in the mail :)

We ponied his sister :)

Got face scratches from his favorite kiddo lol

And was a good boy in our workout

Izzie moved home on Friday to go under the cameras, so we are inching closer!

Belly picture!

Her digs lol

And a pretty one from yesterday :)

We also tortured her a little lol

We've also signed the papers and having a custom horse trailer built for us! We couldn't find an 8' wide trailer without mangers, and we needed to not have mangers so the RZR will fit in it. So later this year, one similar to this will be making it's way to us :)

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,348 ·
Not a huge update yet! Izzie is still holding that baby hostage (check out her foaling thread in the breeding section! There's a poll if you are so inclined as well :) )

Diego has been doing super well. Well, aside from last night. Last night was an eh ride, but after so many good rides I'm not terribly upset. I've been working really hard on myself lately. I've been catching myself from leaning, which helps him keep his bend through the rib cage. Though now he's trying to evade with his outside shoulder. So working on fixing that. I've been working on not dropping my inside hand. When I do, I'm yanking him down and he does not appreciate that at all. But all in all I'm pleased! My trainer is on her way back from Florida right now, so hoping to have a lesson on Saturday and get our butts kicked :) regardless, I'm happier going into this lesson since I feel we are in a better spot than when she left. Hopefully she gives us some more homework!

I did some silly music to this video because I had one of the coolest moments in my riding journey with him that day. As we were warming up at the canter to the left (his good way), I momentarily confused which horse I was riding and very nearly said "good girl Izzie" to Diego. I have NEVER confused these two horses since Izzie has always been more uphill in the canter than Diego has. So to confuse the two in that gait was HUGE for me!

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,349 ·
So not much on the riding front. We've gotten some good work in, but it's been a touch sporadic as we welcomed baby Iris to the mix :) (need to get a Moderator to fix my title again haha). He's been super, super good though! I'm hopefully having a lesson the 17th, just have to double check with my trainer. But Diego is enjoying being half feral haha!

For those that haven't seen, Izzie had her foal. A little filly named Iris, who we are completely in love with! She's super smart and just a huge joy in our lives! We don't intend to breed again, but we sure have enjoyed this adventure! She may even move as nice, if not nicer, than Izzie, which would be pretty awesome <3 there's more photos in her breeding thread, but I'll attach a few here! Born 4-3-21 (US way of doing the date), which is pretty much the coolest birthday ever! I'll reveal the show name once we get her registered :)

First turnout, and how we got the name Iris :)

·
Registered
3,421 Posts
Isn't it fun just to watch and watch the babies? Iris is so active and lovely. It reminds me of when my kids were babies, I could just watch them squirm and kick their little legs for hours and never get bored of it. Babies are such miracles!

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,351 ·
@knightrider, it really is! I could sit watching them all day long! They really are!

I got to ride last night :) little man's pelvis feels misaligned, again. Which is his norm really. We have a lesson on Saturday, but I'll be having her focus more on me and not really on him since he's dealing with that. We did some of the stretches we were shown, and we may have helped it a slight bit. But we will see. Other than that, he was a good boy! We had a few discussions on "no, we do have to listen to a half halt." And "yes, I do expect you to bend through the rib cage." Our last ride his leg yields off the wall left a lot to be desired, but last night I feel were at least Arabian show level quality (aka basically like an open schooling show in terms of quality). He's showing First 2 and 3 next Saturday, so I was glad our issues weren't continuing on.

Izzie and Iris got to have about two hours of turnout, which made them SO happy!! Iris has learned halter going on means OUTSIDE. So at only 10 days old she's basically shoving her head into the halter. SO PROUD. My MIL came over to get pictures too :) I'll post more in my breeding thread, but figured I'd post a couple here :)

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,352 ·
Diego and I went to our lesson on Saturday and it was so good! He started off spooky and super distracted, which he's never like that there though is something I've had to handle at home. My trainer gave me quite a few new tools for the tool box to get him specifically going again. He wants to stop, plant his feet, and completely hollow out while bracing everywhere for his spook. So we have to get him moving and really make him bend to remove the bracing he tries to do. She said she'd never seen him like that before, and I told her we've had to deal with it on occasion at home. So I was glad we were there going through it with her. We had a lot of really good work too. We are showing First Level Test 2 and Test 3 this weekend, though our canter lengthening is a work in progress. Since there aren't qualifications needed for nationals this year, we are just going for practice and get an idea of how other things are testing at. She helped assist us to get a nicer uphill lengthen that felt a million times better than what we had tried to do. And overall she gave me a lot of compliments about how I had improved since we saw her back in February (she goes to Florida for all of March, and then Iris was born the day I was to have our first lesson since she'd been home). It was also nice to have a really good one on one talk with her since it was just us. We talked about how we love going on trail rides, and she loves that I give my horses brain breaks like that. We talked about my accident after I brought up the last time we went to this show and had the lawn mower start up out of sight. I said I have PTSD from that and that I instantly tense when I hear it start. That I'm working on it, but it's really hard to forget that after it nearly ended my life. She understood and it was just nice to talk to her about it. She also knows that while I LOVE learning and would love to move up the levels as we can, that I do not have a set timeline where I HAVE to be doing X Level by Y date. Overall it was just such an enjoyable Saturday! One of these videos is long, but I liked all the random stuff she was throwing at us (she was dictating every second of this part of the ride).

Yesterday my photographer friend came out to take pictures of Iris! I'm already dying for the photos, but it'll be a little bit! She had a horse show she shot Saturday, and did another farm shoot before coming to me. Then she's going to the show we're going to this coming weekend. So she'll have LOTS of pictures! Her and I also sat for a while just chatting and it really just felt great spending my whole weekend chatting with some of my favorite people :)

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,353 ·
We had a couple of great rides leading up to the show. Got there Friday night and had a really crappy ride (I was not with it mentally at all). My trainer helped salvage it, but it wasn't that great. Saturday morning came. My friend and I were both just wired and feeling it. My anxiety had my stomach just all sorts of off. Nick said it's because my trainer was there, and I HATE disappointing people. Both my friend and I completely botched our first rides. Our horses felt our energy and fed off it. Both of us got our butts handed to us back in the warmup ring, and had MUCH better second rides. Diego got a 59.429% on First Level Test 2, giving us our lowest score EVER. But it was earned. Our second test, and the hardest for that level, we got a 65.833%. I was still feeling blah and I made quite a few mistakes that my trainer made sure I knew about. I had a friend who was SHOCKED I was being so hard on myself. Said that judge is nice, but gives NOTHING away. We actually got an 8 for our second canter loop, and an 8 for the final halt. I was super proud!

Since then we've had some super nice rides. My trainer has been involving Nick a lot more to make sure he sees what she's wanting us to do, so he can come home and coach me. She put him in charge of me at the show when my friend showed while I was warming up, and it's amusing to hear him become a coach lol I'm far from perfect, but we're learning. We've been working hard on the canter lengthening back to normal canter. Our transitions were unclear from having JUST learned how to do them, and they are finally getting clear without him just splatting on his forehand. He's been really enjoying the slightly harder work. Also helps I give him quite a few breaks as he learns to really sit back and carry himself more. He also got front shoes on Monday, which seems to help. Diego is built very much downhill, so adding the shoes helped change his balance just a bit where he feels more confident in what I'm asking of him. I love that he's getting sharper to my aids too, and he's getting to the point where he's ready for me to ask for anything without getting tense and jiggy about it. He has today off since he worked the last three days, and it's raining. Hoping for a ride tomorrow, then I can't ride this weekend. Kaleb is making his first communion on Sunday, so we will be busy with that. And Nick's birthday is on Saturday! So no riding!

Video of our good ride and some pictures :) I say good loosely. We have A LOT of work still, and I get a lot of show anxiety that tenses me up hardcore.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,354 ·
Been getting as much riding time in as I can :) Diego is doing super well, and we are having a lesson this Saturday! On Mother's Day we practiced First Level Test 3, and while we have lots of room for improvement I do feel we are on the right path. I've also been working on having him take a bit more weight behind, which he's slowly getting there. He's hard since he's super downhill, but we love him regardless! He turned 7 on May 10th! Izzie turned 11 on May 6th, and we've had her 10 years as of May 13th! Lots of big days!

Iris also has her official registered name! I'd love to introduce you to Rewrite The Stars, which is fitting with Izzie being Written In The Stars and she's a copy of Izzie. The song is Nick's favorite song from The Greatest Showman :)

A couple pictures of Miss Iris, including a favorite comparison to the day she was born and from last Tuesday :) Purple is definitely her color!

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,355 ·
Whew! We had an AMAZING lesson this past Saturday! My trainer came in as I was warming up. I was consistently failing at the warmup since I wasn't getting him good and supple before going to work. And being his Arabian self, he was super good at locking the base of his neck, which prevented any over the back work. She came in and watched going "well you've fixed your warm up!" High praise for me! Diego has been consistently getting straight into his work mindset lately, which has made our rides so much fun! So we soon after went to work. She asked if I'd ever done "school canter" before. Basically, the thought of cantering on the spot. I told her to just assume I knew nothing outside of First Level and go from there. Truthfully, I have done stuff outside of First Level, BUT we realized I had a horrific amount of bad habits. So it's better to just assume I know nothing. She walked me through how to ask it and how to manage it with my seat. We had some super, super good moments during it, and we just focused on doing it in the corners to help him really sit down on his haunches to do it. I know I keep saying it, but being as downhill as he is this is HARD for him. I post pictures making him look more uphill, but he really isn't. So we do a little and let him out. But he tries SO DANG HARD. We took a break and then did the other way. We did some lengthened trot work, which is coming along really well. And then work on the lengthened canter. He started trying to not bring his haunches up under him to do it (Arabians LOVE throwing their hind end out and just go fast), but we actually had a few really good passes at it. The come back has been his hardest part, so she's having me lengthen and halt at the end. Really get him thinking the come back and sit down to the normal canter. This lesson was the most canter work we have ever done in a lesson since normally she's fixing the slew of other issues I have. But for once she looked at Nick and went "I really have nothing. Just make sure she keeps that inside hand up and doesn't rock (random habit I suddenly started that is mostly gone already) and just watch to make sure she doesn't lose the haunches in the lengthened canter". Told me to work on school canter a bit more too. He was super tired by the end, but it was a great lesson!

We also had some great talks. I had a woman ask me how I'm preparing for Sport Horse Nationals. Mind you, it's May and SHN is early September. I told the woman I'm just riding and taking lessons. My trainer went "you don't 'prepare' for an event, you continue riding and improving, and then you go and show at the events. You don't set your sights and prepare ONLY for that." I'd been asked how many lessons I take, and when I said we aim for one lesson a month (that's the best I can do; she's 2 hours one way from us, and I can't hog EVERY free weekend to do lessons) she very snottily replies "and you think you'll be ready for SHN with only one lesson a month?" I told her it's not like I'm not riding in between lessons, and clearly I'm on the right path now. My trainer was super offended by that. Said "it isn't the quantity of the lessons, but the quality of them. That if we came out and did some seriously amazing work in the first 15 minutes of real work, then you got your money worth. There isn't a need to drill every single ride for 2+ hours." (Which honestly 2+ hours in this kind of work is just not healthy for the animal, especially if they are doing the work correctly.) I was glad she was on my side of that. I told her there are some days that we come out and Diego is just freaking amazing. Like heck yes, I will absolutely cut that ride short when he's giving me EVERYTHING consistently nice. I won't ruin a willing horse by overworking him. We had a lot of other really awesome talks regarding some ways of training that make us raise our eyebrows. I know that I'm still pretty "green" with dressage (green loosely stated since I did ride when younger, but it's clear I wasn't taught well), but some things are just too obvious to ignore when done so incorrectly. We are also super curious to what all will be showing up at SHN since there are no qualifications this year lol

Anyway, some video!

Diego Lesson Part 6

Iris is also becoming a big kid! We REFUSE to have bad loaders, so starting her early. She's a smart one!

Trailer Loading

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,357 ·
Thank you @knightrider! We really try hard to improve and do our best Nick is really wanting me to stop showing Training Level this year. We have a ride scheduled for Region 13 in June, but I may cave and discuss it with my trainer. If she feels it's worthwhile for us to just not do Training Level and only do First Level at SHN. But with all the hard work we've been putting it, I'd definitely say we're right there in the "Schooling Second Level" category. We can do a lot of the movements decently, just a matter of cleaning up a lot of them. The work on the canter and trot lengthenings have slowly been edging into the more "medium" category. The more he sits, the bigger they get. I'm just tickled with how he's doing :)

We did Izzie's tail again yesterday in preparation of her going to the barn on Friday. I've been keeping tails in bags to keep them clean, and I LOVE how Izzie's is turning out. I cut off quite a bit again since she has a lot that was fried from urine. But above it is looking so nice! Still more that will need to be cut out, but it's getting there! Haven't even been doing this for a full year yet, so I'm happy with how it's going :) and Iris measured at 11.1 hands yesterday! She also did some in hand trotting with Nick too!

Couple cute pictures of Diego too. He's looking SO good!

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,359 ·
Oh wow, all 3 horses look gorgeous. That foal is wonderful!!!!
Thank you! I'm glad everyone is looking good! And we love little Iris! Though she's not that little lol

Rode little man last night. We had an off day, but with a temperature drop of 20 degrees it wasn't unexpected. Nick just was like shrug "been a while since you've had an off day". Which is pretty true. We've been having so many good rides that I guess he's due for a not so good one now and again lol

And little Iris enjoyed some more ridge top time! Sad they are heading down to the barn tomorrow, but I'm so grateful they got to stay at the house as long as they did <3

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,360 ·
Quick update since I'm tired and work has been killing me.

Moved Iris and Izzie down to the barn Friday. Everyone is settling in super well, which I'm thrilled about! Diego is happy to have his girls back home. Thankfully though he's reminding himself he can still be independent, so while the girls may hide in the barn to get out of the weather/heat, he goes up to the treeline. I worried he'd stand at the gate being dumb, but he is not. Yes, we've used temporary fencing. This is short term only, and we allowed Iris to touch it without us making her do it. I didn't want her associating the bite with us. She very quickly learned to respect it. But overall, very happy with how it's going. Enjoy a couple pictures and videos of that. Also, Diego's gotcha day was on June 1st, and Iris's papers came in on Friday :)

Ride down!

Field time! Excuse the music. You may want to turn it off (there was a reason I added that song)

Anniversary ride (third ride in a row and the least distracted/naughty boy he'd been since Izzie came down)

Meeting Diego sans gate

Creek time!

And the neat drag made for my arena to keep it in tip top shape :)

Arena Drag

1341 - 1360 of 1361 Posts