The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
1,901 Posts
Amateurs shouldn't breed their horses. There's so much more that goes into "well he's pretty and his papers are solid, and my horse is pretty and her papers are solid....". I also agree that breeding for something in the low-levels of something defeats the purpose for breeding for a specific discipline.

Consider this: what would happen if she passed on her inclination for trails and jumping to her foal? Then you'd be out a stud fee, five or six years of wasted time, energy, and effort of breaking and training, or the thousands of dollars you paid someone to get the foal there, and instead of having one horse who doesn't like your chosen discipline, you'd have two.

·
Banned
1,901 Posts
It was an exaggeration, I think if you admitted that the only reason you wanted to breed her was for looks, you'd have more than one problem on your hands.

I've deduced from your previous posts in HAF's topics that you're going to do what you have your heart set on, and there's not much we here can do about it. I wouldn't expect too many "go for it" answers on this one, though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.