The Horse Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey everyone,
I hope each and of everyone of your first few days of the New Year has been happy and joyful.

I have been watching a video on how to change my Winter Gullet plate. I have gotten the gullet plate out but I cannot get my wide gullet plate to match up to where it needs to be matched up too_One thing with my Winter saddle is that the front billet looks like it somehow attached to part of the saddle where the gullet needs to go.
I am at a loss what to do :(

Any suggestions/advice would be so appreciative! Thank you and have an amazing week!

·
Registered
8,676 Posts
Yes, you need to remove the stirrup leathers to take apart the saddle and replace the gullet. Is that what you mean? If not, we might need pictures to be able to help you. Are you sure your Wintec has the interchangeable gullet system?

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Pictures would definitely help - the Wintec gullet system is the same that is used in the Collegiate saddles, and I have swapped those gullets out before. You shouldn't be having too much trouble, but getting the bolts lined up and back into the holes was always the hardest part without a second set of hands.

Here is what looks like a decent tutorial video: Easy Change Gullet Swap

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you everyone your advice.

Acadianartist: It is the first billet where the girth attaches too, that looks like it is attached somehow. I was wondering the same thing if was not interchangeable or just interchangeable up to a certain size.

ClearDonkey: I will get pictures and post them tomorrow on my free time.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you everyone. Let me know if you can't see the pictures. The first two are pictures of the tree. And the last one is the picture of where it looks like the billet is attached to the tree somehow. Thank you and looking to forward to hearing what your opinions are.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts