The Horse Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,533 Posts
I also don't like how he rides. At all.

The horse is behind the vertical. There are times when Les is bouncing along at the trot, and he's got contact on the reins, and is therefore bouncing his hands on the reins. Not to mention that he doesn't seem to care that his reins are uneven sometimes.

Not a fan.

If the horse DID NOT flip would you guys say his level of hand movement was excessive?
Even if the horse hadn't flipped, I would absolutely say that his hand movement (and jerking) is excessive.

There's obviously more than one way to get from point A to point B. I guess I don't like the path he travels.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I agree with a lot of responses here, and this is what I have to add.

A lot of trainers do a lot of things to horses people probably wouldn't agree with. It's just trainers as well known as Les iswho have everything they do being watched or video taped that we see.

I don't know much about Les besides he has had more success at a very high level than I can ever hope to dream of. I maybe don't agree with everything he does but I also don't show, or aim to turn out world champions. Show horses and training are a whole other ball game.

I hope he doesn't get too much trouble for this. Yes, this was his error, as are most accidents with horses, but I would hope he can admit his mistake and move on.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Throw a dressage saddle on and it's "burn the witches at the stake!" and they don't even flip their horses... But dressage has a fun word for it to make it sound evil.

JMO very few folks are qualified to judge a rider of that caliber, and especially not from a 40 second clip. Don't like his riding? Simple - don't hire him.

As usual, I agree with bsms.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts