The Horse Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tom had his first bath of the year today, then we went on a walk in the woods, then I trimmed his feet(!!!!! We have achieved a little concavity!!! FINALLY:D:D in case you cant tell I am excited about that considering when I first took over his care he was flat footed, underslung, uneven, and stretched), then we did some stretching, spent a good hour solid with Mr. shedding blade, had a snack and called it a day!

Todays casualties
-My foot was used as a spring board for an off the wall spook at nothing... dented in the entire steel toe, had to pry it off my swollen foot.

- Blisters from hell on my ankles and toes, no riding socks*DOUGH!*.

- Got the crap pinched out of my finger while trimming his feet, dont know how, but it is very painful.

- Nearly drowned my camera, I am such a dummy.

Cookies to whoever read this, good ones... snickerdoodles!

Horse Mammal Vertebrate Hair Mane

The sunset made everything really color saturated, plus he is all wet, so it was even neater lookin!

Tree Woody plant Branch Plant Natural environment

Some pretty vines

Natural landscape Nature Natural environment Tree Nature reserve

The lane

Natural landscape Nature Tree Reflection Natural environment

Our pond, it is so creepy!

Tree Forest Natural environment Woodland Northern hardwood forest

Pretty sapling

Mammal Vertebrate Horse Snout Mane

HISSY FIT! "HAHA, I ruined your picture!"

Grass Canidae Wildlife Pasture Dog breed

Little old Zip came with us for our walk

Horse Mammal Vertebrate Mane Sorrel

He looks like a baby from that angle

Helmet

My crushed foot/boot! Youch!

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
love the pics!:D the 1st one looks gorgeous

just wanted to say, ive always been told to NEVER handle horses with steel capped boots on. if the horse stands on your foot, the steel cap crushes in and there is a large possability you wont get your foot out with ease.Just sharing thought id share my knowledge for your saftey. :wink:

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I think i have heard that too, obviously I didn't follow it lol. The only trouble I had getting them off was because my foot was so swollen, I didn't take them off right after it happened, I went another few hours working him...

Thanks for sharing your knowledge! Much appreciated!

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
FYI Your halter is on inside out and tied incorrectly.

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Waw you live in such a beautiful area. Looks very similar to where I used to live in Southern France. Beautiful. I absolutely love that color on your bay. Really stands out, looks great! great pics!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts