The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Am I too big?

5K views 42 replies 26 participants last post by  Soccergoalie322 
#1 ·
I ride my 15.3 hand horse, and im 5 foot 5, approximately 180 lbs. Yes I know Im large, Im big boned and I'm on some meds that slow my metabolism down to about nothing. But am I too big to be riding? I dont have an available picture of me on her, but i just need to know If im too big?

#38 ·
If people are saying you're too big to ride I'd hate to see what they'd say about me. My gelding is 15.3 and I weigh around 240 pounds. We've been trail riding together 3-5 days a week for over 2 years without issues. Half the time I'm having to hold him back since he wants to run and I want to stay at a brisk walk/trot.

#40 ·
If people are saying you're too big to ride I'd hate to see what they'd say about me. My gelding is 15.3 and I weigh around 240 pounds.
Same here. My five year old TWH is 14.3 and has a very slender build - not stocky at ALL. He's my first "non-stocky" horse actually. I am 5'8" and currently 220 lbs (admittedly I am working on whittling that down), but my little guy carries me without any issues.

#41 ·
Im barely 5 foot 4 and weigh around 127-130 pounds and I ride a pony whose 13hh comfortably, we jump and he packs me around just fine, I love, love, love riding him, i look a bit too big but he doesn't mind. I also ride horses who are 14,15 and 16hh tall.

Don't worry you are not too big at all! Ignore whoever said you are because its not true, don't let them get to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.