The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am on the hunt for a cheap, used, non competition (in between saddle) to put on my new race bred gelding. I found an American Saddlery barrel saddle in like new condition on craigslist in my area for $350. I have no experience with these saddles. Its going to be MAINLY for training.

Any experiences- good, bad, or indifferent?

Thanks

·
Registered
566 Posts
Go to American Saddlery.com and find the model no. They have both high end a low end models like any other maker. For training, I don't see a problem with it, but I would think it should probably be more in the $250 price range, generally people aren't racing to buy them like they would a tex tan or circle y.

Oh and I forgot, yes, I had one. It was very comfy, fit the horse nicely, but sold it thinking we wouldn't be training horses anymore and now the guy in my avatar will be training this spring and I really regret getting rid of it.

·
Registered
13,661 Posts
American Saddlery make high end and low end Barrel Saddles, for the money they are good saddles.

Here is their Page, you can estimate about 20-25% off the list for what most of us sell them for new. This will give you something to compare too

American Saddlery, Inc. > Barrel Saddles

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.