The Horse Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've been feeding Herbs for horses three aminos for a while now

This has been really helpful for my horse and fills in the blanks in the hay analysis and viit/mineral supp. I want to continue feeding a similar quantity of Lysine, Methionine, and Threonine, if I can.

However, it is quite expensive for me at $80 for 20 days, especially with the pandemic. So, does anyone know of a similar supplement, able to ship to Canada, that is cheaper than $80 every 20 days?

·
Registered
10,597 Posts
It can be bought in human form but you would have to do the math on human strength vs horse strength, then feed enough of the human strength to equal what your horse currently receives.

The human form could end up costing more or it could save you some money :)

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I think the human form would cost more for me in the long run. And I've been looking, but I'm not sure why Canada barely has any amino acid supplements available. I may just have to suck it up until COVID settles down and I have more options.

DanisMom. Thanks for the web site! I'll check it out.

·
Registered
10,597 Posts
There are a couple of companies in Canada but I didn’t do the math on cost per feeding:)

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
walkinthewalk thanks for the links! I'm familiar with amino trace, which is a great product but unfortunately my horse thinks it tastes like cardboard. I will be checking out the other one though!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts