The Horse Forum banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
7,110 Posts
Hubby got home about noon. He had to take an alternate route as the freeway was closed in a couple places because it was washed out or flooded from the fast melting snow with the warm wind we've had.

We have three little dirt tanks on the property which have been dry since September. This morning I woke up to them all full and a skim of ice on top.
This tank is about 3 ft deep at the dam edge, that was a lot of water to fill in a night.

Having chorizo and cabbage soup for dinner tonight.
@aubie love the pic of Remington in the snow..lol!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
That looks lovely!

I rode today, and of course after I saddled the wind picked up like crazy. I’m not a wind fan by any stretch of the imagination. My mom wanted to meet up to ride, and she was unhappy with the weather change as well. Then, because we play too much with the dogs and horses, the border collie jumped up on her stirrup holding a stick, and her horse swung around. My colt thought he was threatening him and almost went over a stack of fencing supplies. Lol. It was quite the scene.

We just got back from the games. They won their game by a large lead, and the boys games were fun watching. However, I have to say a girls basketball team has more drama than a soap opera.

·
Registered
9,043 Posts
Late to the party but had a busy couple of days. Trying to get barn and all ready for new horse arriving Thursday (weather permitting)

Last night had diner out with a friend for her birthday next Monday.

We went to a wing place that is new in her town. Decided to be really bad and eat appetizers for meal! What a great choice! Everything was really good and cooked perfectly. Onion rings, cheese sticks, garlic wings, supreme nachos, and the best queso dip ever!

Enjoyed the best craft beer I think I have ever had! It was described as Porter that strips out the adjuncts and delivers the base beer in its true essence. Notes of chocolate and coffee with undertones of caramel and toffee YUMMY! It is called Terrapin Naked Bliss an American Porter made by the Terrapin Beer Company in Athens, GA. Highly Recommend!!!

Will have to starve myself for three days to make up for that feast!

·
Registered
636 Posts
The NWHL (national women's hockey league) All-Star festivities were great fun! I love going to the Pride's games and this was like, an ice cream sundae of a game (with skills competition on top!) I'm excited for the league to hopefully expand next year.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Survived the weekend barely. It was busy and stressful. Some family drama and such triggered my ptsd and anxiety but I made it thru without having a full blown panic attack. I was able to hold it together for my niece and nephew and they're all that matters. I never want them to look back and have to ask why I wasn't there.

Now that I'm home and alone though I kind of want to give up holding the panic attack bay and just curl up in a ball and cry. Not an auspicious start to the week though.

·
Super Moderator
16,046 Posts
Well, I couldn't do any power washing yesterday's the winds were so high and it was tipping it down. So, I started about 12 this morning and finally finished around 4. It was windy to start, then thunder and lightning, rain, heavy rain, hail big hail, more thunder, heavy rain and then windy but bright sunshine.

I did as much of the drive as I could reach and then did all around the garage and parking ares.

In the heavy rain I could see where there needed to be some trenches to take the water away from the steps so good job done. I only had a shovel and really needed a spade but I can correct that later

I didn't stop for a break as I wanted to finish, I was soaking wet and pretty dirty from the splash back. Went to tell Aunt that I had finished, I didn't go in as she has cream carpets and I was not in suitable attire!

Arrived home, loaded dogs and took them a quick walk, now stripped down wearing a dressing gown about to,feed the dogs and then jump in the shower. Have some curry made from yesterday so that will surface for supper. I intend to put on sweats, put my feet up and no doub fall asleep watching telly.

Haven't worked so hard in a long time!

Oh, Aunt may well be 94 but she is artful! She called someone who does power washing and asked what he charged an hour (£25) she worked it out I had done 12 hours, I told her it was only 10. She wanted to pay me the full rate but I told her that I had hired the machine and that had to be paid for. (£68) so she says she will pay me the full money and I can pay for the machine.

Yet to see what happens!

·
Registered
7,110 Posts
Yesterday I went to a jackpot barrel race with a friend. It was cold when the breeze came up, I wasn't dressed warm enough. She stuck me on her little bay mare, trotting got the blood pumping. I hadn't been on a horse for months felt good, I'm ready for spring now!
Friend did some slow time onlys and cruised her through the jackpot getting some runs in on her futurity horse.
Bay mare is coming back after an injury so I just lightly exercised her. Oye, I forgot how scary a warm up pen is at a barrel race.
Sun came out, breeze quit, friend's husband came over after feeding cows and we all sat in the sun on the fender of the trailer sipping beer and soaking up some Vitamin D.
It was a nice day, felt good to get out of the house.

Today was a beautiful day. After a quick trip into the post office this morning I piddled around outside in the sunshine. Pulled the horses blankets off and gave them a good brushing.
Finally got the trailer out of the mud. Think I'll head to one of the local arenas this week and start getting horses legged up.

·
Registered
6,880 Posts
Well I am very late on this last Fridays thread. I got a call from my Son this morning which when I looked at the caller ID and wondered why he was calling from work. He said he had some news for me. I thought ot oh what happened. Then he informed me that I was going to be a Grandpa again. His wife had just called him with the news after she had left the Dr.'s

I am Happy for them as they have wanted another baby for a few years now. Their first just turned 9yrs. last month. So after talking to him I turned into a newspaper and called more of the family and spread the news. LOL.

The oldest son and his wife are working on finalizing the adoption of the 7 yr old . In Ohio Child Services handles all the legal papers, but in WV. Child Services you have to hire an attorney yourself to file the paper work. And then the adoption hearing will be in Juvenile Court in my county in Ohio. So in a month or so I will have another grandson too.

·
Super Moderator
16,046 Posts
Why, when so many children need loving homes, do governments make it so hard to adopt? Bless your 'newcomers!'

Comes to something when all I have posted here is about power washing! Off now to return the machine and take Aunt to McDonalds.

Hope she enjoys it more than I will.

·
Super Moderator
26,533 Posts
It's not Friday and this doesn't' belong here but....

I had this dream last night.... My neighbor came over and she was all excited because she joined this movement. It costs money but basically you go around and find lame horses. You report those horses to this group and they send these commando guys in to put the horse down. See, it focuses on ridding the world of lame horses. Now, it doesn't matter why the horse is lame. It could be anything from a stone bruise to laminitis. If the horse is lame - they put it down and the owner can't stop them because they do it militant style. Now - this lady has an OTTB and she has put TONS of money into keeping him sound so I know she would NEVER do anything like this but I woke up at 430 AM and I still want to punch her in the face. Over a dream! I am so mad at her!

I know... I'm crazy... I mean certifiable!

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
@farmpony84 I wake up mad at people over dreams too! Lol. “Well husband, you shouldn’t have been such a jerk.” “I wasn’t there.” I joke about it, but sometimes I really am mad! I think that when you know you are crazy that you aren’t actually crazy...

·
Super Moderator
26,533 Posts
@Knave yes. Husband has been in trouble on more than one occasion for things he did inside the dream realm. He doesn't even fight it anymore. He just apologizes....

·
Registered
6,880 Posts
Thanks to all for the Congrads. on the news of new Grandbabies. The DIL who is now pregnant lost the last one. An Ectopic pregnancy about 5 yrs. ago. My wife :Angel: would be so happy about this one more than I am.

LOL Now I can tease the 9 yr. old about being the diaper/bottle girl. And the role of being a Big Sister and how she should never get mad when her little sister or brother gets into her stuff. LOL.....

·
Registered
9,043 Posts
Survived the weekend barely. It was busy and stressful. Some family drama and such triggered my ptsd and anxiety but I made it thru without having a full blown panic attack. I was able to hold it together for my niece and nephew and they're all that matters. I never want them to look back and have to ask why I wasn't there.

Now that I'm home and alone though I kind of want to give up holding the panic attack bay and just curl up in a ball and cry. Not an auspicious start to the week though.
Are things looking better today?

41 - 60 of 67 Posts