The Horse Forum banner

Anhidrosis in Horses (Horse Doesn't Sweat)

9762 Views 27 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  Amlalriiee
Guinness worked miracles with my horse. Please check out
:
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your welcome. I really want to get the word out about it. I made the video cute and funny, but in some parts of the country it is a very serious issue for horses and horse owners!

Erin :)

· Registered
5,061 Posts
Beer is a diuretic...not sure if it would make one sweat more, usually the overworked kidneys shed that extra through the urine, not via sweat... I suppose it could work that way, it just seems odd to me.

· Registered
291 Posts
There are 3 horses here at the place I'm at who get beer. It has worked wonders on two of them (They get Natty Light though.. yuck!) and the third seems to have improved a little tiny bit. :)

· Registered
5,061 Posts
I don't think I could ever feed beer, simply because I absolutely gag at the smell of it...Lol!

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I myself see nothing wrong with giving 12oz of Guinness to my horse daily. He is definitely not getting drunk from it and beer is all natural. It was a particularly good answer for my horse who does not like anything "unnatural" added to his feed. He will come galloping from the back of the pasture when it is time for his Guinness! :lol:

· Registered
1,364 Posts
I knew a hanovarian who would take the bottle from you, tip it up and drink it down. He loved guinness! also lived to a ripe old age and never saw health problems. The gas could be trouble as their stomachs are pretty small but 12 oz shouldn't be a problem at all. Cute video!

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
LOL!
I knew a gelding years ago who would chase you down for anything that looked like food...he once chased my friend Debbie down the barn aisle for an ice cream cone. :D

Glad you liked the video.

· Registered
2,747 Posts
haha a the Irish say: guiness is good for you!

LOL. I would have no problems giving that much beer to a horse. They don't naturally live long enough for the effects to can have on people to actually truly effect anything IMO.
Posted via Mobile Device

· Registered
291 Posts
****, just don't do poor quality beer, IF you won't drink it why would you feed it to your horse! lol! jk

· Registered
3,434 Posts
Guinness does help. My horse has this horrid condition. No..not any beer will work. It has to be a heavy stout dark beer like Guinness or Shiner Bock/Black.

I tried the One AC on my horse...didn't help him at all. I wish it would - it is cheaper than Guinness.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.