The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
the daughter told my friend, and whenever we go to his house to ask him something alot of the times he is drunk

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
That's what I was wondering too. I thought maybe it was just where the person is located but I am also in Maryland and I have never heard of such a thing.
If you keep horses as a "business" or as "agricultural use of the land" you can. I know for sure those with "agricultural land" gets very small property tax. So some people even rent the land out and then put it as "agricultural". I believe you can fill certain papers with the county and get the approval (not just put it and that's it), but it's doable.

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
BTW, I want to add that Animal Control in certain counties in MD fails (don't want to use a stronger word here, but believe me, it comes to my tongue!). There are number of FARMS people try to shut down, because horses are starved and worked almost to death, lots of drop downs. Still the owners get away with it.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
It's likely not Animal Control though. If the prosecutors won't take the cases, AC is left with no ability to move forward.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
it might not be called a tax right off but he doesnt even have the requirements of recieving it but he gets it somehow. Its like an argricultural tax write off i think? You get it when you have a certain amount of horses or goats or chickens etc. My mom knows more about it then i do

Well, why dont you just take his horses and replace them with chickens. :D

If he's drunk he wont know the difference

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Well, why dont you just take his horses and replace them with chickens. :D

If he's drunk he wont know the difference
Posted via Mobile Device[/size

You have no idea how much I wanna do that. I wish he would buy a bunch of goats. They are so much less maintenance

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.