The Horse Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend was made for riding. On Saturday I hopped on both horses bareback and rode around the house enjoying the beautiful day. Sunday was my trail riding day and while I was lunging Cooper my daughter asked to ride. After leading her around the round pen, I let her off the lead since she was doing so well. Here are some pics:

Then it was my turn to go out with a neighbor and enjoy the trails by the house and some road riding:

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Great pics!!! She is doing well, riding on her own!!! I so miss my mountains and forest of Southern Calif!!! I get to ride up and down the highway, or irrigation ditch, unless I want to trailer (which my horse won't do yet) somewhere :roll:

·
Registered
11,953 Posts
Good pics, but the mommy in me wonders why the helmet was on the mounting block and not the kiddo.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Because it was my helmet, and I tried it on her but it was probably more unsafe than safe. I need to go buy her a child riding helmet.... i know.. for shame.

·
Registered
11,953 Posts
Sorry! Had the mommy moment. It's not an easy task finding well fitting helmets for little ones. My daughter wears my old lexaire that has an inflatable liner, kind of like the tennis shoes that had the pump thing on the tongue.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
sorry! Had the mommy moment. It's not an easy task finding well fitting helmets for little ones. My daughter wears my old lexaire that has an inflatable liner, kind of like the tennis shoes that had the pump thing on the tongue.
i grew up just riding for pleasure, never wore a helmet... Bumped my head a few times nothing serious, thank goodness... But if you can't find a suitable riding helmet... Would a bicycle helmet work?? It would cover as much up as a riding helmet...

Just suggesting....

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have let my daughter ride in her bicycle helmet before. I wasnt expecting her to ask to ride, but when she did and she was doing so well on the lead, i just let her take him around the round pen. She is not usually helmetless, though i dont feel 100% confident in a bicycle helmet. I am a firm believer that something is ebtter than nothing, though. Except my helmet which posed a choking hazard.

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
It was GORGEOUS here in NC for sure!!!!! Hoping to have some NC riding pics before long! LOL, probably at least another year or two, but still...your daughter is adorable, and looks like she has no problem holding her own!! Great pics!!

Reactions: LetAGrlShowU

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Your little girl is so cute!!! We have a six month old little girl who goes out to the barn with me everyday, twice a day if not more and loves the horses!!! She just giggles and squeals at them! We went shopping the other day at a large tack store and she was all beside herself looking at everything. I love to see youngsters riding! Makes me have hope my little girl will continuento love animals!!!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you. I was worried she wasnt showing interest for a while but I gave her "jobs" to help me with the horses and its brought the interest.

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
where abouts are you north carolina people located? we may have to schedule a ride all together, i'm around the hickory area :) and charolette is about 45-to an hour away from me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts