The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
16 hands, 13 years old. Did have a fractured sesamoid, but has been sound for 4 years.

·
Registered
15,433 Posts
Love his halter does that help?

Oh, and he is not to shabby, like him better than the chestnut

·
Registered
716 Posts
He has a short neck and short back. Other than that, not a whole lot I have to say :)

I really like how well balanced he is-just needs a longer neck! Compact, but still tall. Really nice hindquarters, could be a tad larger. Good shoulder, only a touch steep, straight legs. His hind feet toe out, and his right front might, or it could be the way he's standing.

Overall, very athletic looking, and I would think he could excel at a number of things.

Reactions: nikelodeon79

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
Nice horse. Neck is a bit short. Shoulder is a tiny bit steep to adequate. LOVELY topline!!! Level build. Stifle could be a little further forward. Neck is too short and ties in low to the withers. Head attaches to neck coarsely. Bone is a little light. Knees and hocks placed nice and low.

Toes are too long and heels too short on the front foot. Attribute crookedness of left fore fetlock joint to sesamoid fracture. Be careful of that and the horse remaining sound.

Attachments

·
Administrator
36,323 Posts
I think his necks too short and looks more developed on the underside than the top which looks a bit hollow which says to me he likely goes along with his nose in the air - that's something you can work on with schooling
I think the sesamoid bone fracture would put me off him - those things can have a nasty habit of coming back to haunt you in the future
Re. the chestnut - I'd like to see that video of him could you PM it too me?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I love him much better then the tubby tb. The only thing I would be concerned about is his injury and age. BUT he looks a lot better then your first choice!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.