The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're back in serious horse shopping mode, because a horse we had agreed to buy (pending PPE) got sold out from under us :?.

Here is Diego. The owner has been very upfront about the possibility of trading him on Monday for a barrel horse, so he may become unavailable at that point. He is, however, very close in coloring to my 7 year old daughter's dream horse, and he seemed very calm and sweet on the ground. If the trade doesn't work out, I'm hoping we can manage to buy him (after I get the chance to ride him, of course :D).

Gelding
Mustang/QH cross
7 years old.
14.3 hh.

·
Registered
683 Posts
He is a looker! Sorry I don't know too much about pony critique. Here's to hoping he doesn't get traded!

·
Registered
627 Posts
No crits, but I like the look of him.

And at 14.3, he is not a pony. :p Almost but not quite, hehe. Although, in those pics he does look a bit shorter. Maybe it's just me.

(Sorry...owner of 14.3 hh arab here. She may be "vertically challenged" but she's a horse through and through!)

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I haven't personally sticked him, so I suppose the owner could be imagining him a bit taller than he really is :lol:. He didn't seem extra short to me in person, but you're right, in the pictures he looks smaller. Maybe he's more like 14.1hh, which I guess drops him into pony height, though I'll always think of him as a horse :D.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
chesire i agree with you. lol. i'm defensive of my horses horse status. fjord/arab is 14.3 and it ticks me off when he's called a pony. lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.