The Horse Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me just preface this by saying I'm learning a lot by reading this forum and everyone's responses, so thank you again.

I found a 6 year old TB mare that I quite like. I don't have any other photos or leg shots at this point, but here she is. What does everyone think? She'd be a lower-level event horse.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
23,898 Posts
Nice. For a chestnut TB(I'm not a big fan of those 2 factors). She appears maybe slightly bum-high, tho maybe pic angle & if she is, it's not by much. Looks like she has long pasterns. And she seems, esp in first pic, a little 'over at the knee', tho that could well be just the mo in time, or it could be about hoof balance & easily corrected.

·
Super Moderator
14,708 Posts
Get a appointment and do see this one.
Her build is very balanced, put together where you want her with angles matching and soft and she blends together her body parts as you want in a athletic horse.
I would absolutely do a PPE on her as her right front has 2 noticeable bumps, possibly splints, maybe not but needs examined and her left front in the one picture looks a bit strange a stance to the leg and knee itself.
The left fore also has a slightly off pastern angle in one picture, then the other picture it is hidden some but what I see then makes me think she has a possible low bow someone did some good reduction work on...
Otherwise, I don't see butt high myself as a issue with this one.
The legs are probably a non-issue but need checked out so you know she is leg healthy for what you want to do with her.

She's a very nice horse and although bays are my favorite coloring, this chestnut could come share my barn any day and I would be proud to own her.
:runninghorse2:...

·
Registered
49,421 Posts
Other than long pasterns and small feet, I think this mare is extremely well put together as TB. She is a bit light of bone in legs, but I'm not so used to the TB looks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts