The Horse Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rider's stirrup/boot touching or almost touching the ground as the horser is turning the barrel? Haven't been able to find any online. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
What are you needing the picture for?

Some people don't like others using their pictures and it's something you should ask before doing..It's actually quite the controversial topic.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, I don't need it for anything. I'd let you know if it was actually going to be used for a project or something. If someone didn't want a person using it they wouldn't give it to them. Don't want to offend anyone or anything.......

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
I just meant you randomly using Google to find pictures and then maybe using them...I don't think I have any myself..Not touching the ground at least but it's not too rare.

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
My mare is too tall...Lol! At 15.3 hh I would be scared if she came that close to the ground in a turn for my foot to touch the ground...tehehehe! Although some of the horses I grew up on were short and fast, and I'm sure some of our turns were close to the ground, just never got good shots...sorry...:wink:

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I'm not using them for anything. I'd just like to see some pictures. I'm looking at a 14.1 hh gelding right now who can supposebly turn barrels so tight that your boot will touch the ground so I'm just kinda fascinated by it :lol:

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Thanks, she's a really nice mare and always gives me her all..The picture was take by Glossy Finish at State Championships..They are expensive but worth it.

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Thank you, that's an awesome compliment..It just takes practice and having a horse that really clicks you with and is more of a team mate than just a horse you're riding..I'm very lucky to have the horses I do..I've been running seriously competing for 7 or 8 years now..

This is my little crew..and a few more barrel pictures

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Yeah, I have...that movie is also SO sad..I cry like a baby when I watch it. I have to admit, after seeing the movie I semi-stalked everything about it and the people involved through out Lane's life..

·
Registered
6,719 Posts
Yeah, I have...that movie is also SO sad..I cry like a baby when I watch it. I have to admit, after seeing the movie I semi-stalked everything about it and the people involved through out Lane's life..
Yea I got the privialge to see Lane ride at the Cloverdale Rodeo in BC

I still cry every time I watch the movie 8 Seconds
and I know his buddy Cody designed the protective vest that
all the cowboys wear
if only Lane would have wore one
did you know Lane was the same age as me too

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
I thought I was going to knock the barrel over and wanted to "save" it if I could..I ended up not hitting it though so it's all good..

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.