The Horse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve encountered two or three horses with similar faces and conformation. Both have been near pony sized, almost horse, or almost pony. Both have also been pintos, though that might be a coincidence.

They both have wide foreheads and wide set eyes, with quarter-horse type conformation. I think they’re both rescues. We don’t know their breeds. Any clues? Suggestions? Mixes?

·
Banned
i have one TWH mare and 4 QH mares.
92 Posts
I'd say AQH and or a mix of AQH and like a heavier set horse breed the sorrel pinto looks just like a regular AQH pinto the grey is a stocky AQH. Do you have a video of the grey horse moving?

Reactions: AbbySmith

·
Banned
92 Posts

·
Banned
92 Posts
Yeah, that bottom pic of the head, doesn't really look like an AQH head to me
Quarter Horses have MANY different sizes of heads one of my mares head is extremely huge like im talking she can barely fit my TWH's halter. Then i have another horse with a realtivly small head

Reactions: All About Hope

·
Banned
1,575 Posts
Quarter Horses have MANY different sizes of heads one of my mares head is extremely huge like im talking she can barely fit my TWH's halter. Then i have another horse with a realtivly small head
I wasn't referring to the size. All horses can have different size heads. I was saying that the shape didn't look AQH. It was dished, kinda like Arabian. It's definitely not Arabian.

·
Banned
92 Posts
some qhs have that. ive seen it bf. one of my mares has a kinda dished face but she is full qh

·
Banned
92 Posts
some qhs have that. ive seen it bf. one of my mares has a kinda dished face but she is full qh
it might be halter bred. They have that feature somewhat to them

·
Banned
904 Posts
I definitely see some QH and maybe some sort of welsh?

·
Banned
92 Posts
what is WH? Is it walking horse

·
Banned
92 Posts
lol its fine. ive never seen QH and welsh bf. seams interesting lol

·
Banned
92 Posts
they actually have that kind of horse! i just looked it up but that grey horse doesnt really look like that ix unless the dam or sire had welsh bc the qh/welshes are very small the resemble the welsh more than the qh

·
Banned
904 Posts
I’ve owned a few welsh ponies and something’s definitely screaming welsh at me. Maybe welsh cob? Maybe it’s 3/4 QH and 1/4 welsh??

·
Banned
904 Posts
My old welsh stallion

his foal

1 - 20 of 29 Posts