The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was just looking at some of my mare's racing charts from when she was younger and I have no idea what some things mean.

Here's a chart-
Equibase

Ok, so in the horse chart, what does Pgm, Wgt (Jockey weight, I assume), M/E and PP mean?

And can you explain the 1/4, 1/2, Str thing? My guess is that's how far along in the race they are and the numbers underneath are the placings and the "exponents" are how many strides they have on the next horse?

I think that's it for now :)

ETA: Guess I should say that my horse is Quick n'Icy ;)

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ooops, sorry about that. I didn't pay to see them, though. But yea, let me go take a screen shot.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright, here's the part I had questions about:

Untitled.jpg

·
Registered
537 Posts
I'm no expert, but I'd venture to guess the Start, 1/4, 1/2, Str, and Fin are where the horse was during certain points of the race. So Quick n'Icy was in first from the start of the race (she broke from starting gate number 4) until the home Stretch where she was second, but ended up coming in first.

I'd want to say the PGM is the horse and jockey's number as listed in the program, but I am not sure. I really need to make it out to the track more often. :)

·
Banned
5,300 Posts
M/E is medication and equipment. The upper case B stands for blinkers, I think. I don't know what the other notations are.

Program is the saddle cloth number; PP is the post position number.

Laura at East to West is the real expert, hopefully she'll come along and let you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.