The Horse Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at a nice Western saddle for trail riding. It's a Billy Mealor Saddle. Has anyone ever heard of them? What's your opinion?
Thanks
Randy

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Never heard a bad word against them, I know they are fairly rare. They were all handmade and then the old boy retired a while back so there aren't any more being made.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I have never heard of them I only trail ride and ride 6 days ago and go camping once a month and on those days am in the saddle 8 hours at a time. I own a Tucker Trail Saddle and have had it for 5 yrs and not a single problem. The comfort is amazing and the quality is top notch. I would recommend Tuckers to anyone

·
Registered
13,661 Posts

I believe Billy retired form Saddle Making and lives in Lula, GA

I met him about 8 years ago, he makes great saddles...............

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I believe Billy retired form Saddle Making and lives in Lula, GA

I met him about 8 years ago, he makes great saddles...............

I ended up buying three Billy Mealor Saddles for my three horses. Southern you are right, they are well made for sure.
I sold my Caldwell Saddle because it was wide enough for my horse but too wide for me to ride comfortably after several hours in the saddle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have never heard of them I only trail ride and ride 6 days ago and go camping once a month and on those days am in the saddle 8 hours at a time. I own a Tucker Trail Saddle and have had it for 5 yrs and not a single problem. The comfort is amazing and the quality is top notch. I would recommend Tuckers to anyone

I love my Tucker also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts