The Horse Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

this thread is purely out of curiosity. I used to ride a APHA stallion named Brother Heathen for his owners sometimes. I was wondering if anyone has heard of him or has one of his babies? His sire is Sullivan's Heathen and his dam is Gay Ruckus. His babies usually have the words "Brother" "Sister" or "heathen" in their names but don't always. He was born in 1984 so he may have passed on already. He has grandfoals and great grandfoals out there too.

Also, if anyone knows his whereabouts I would like to know. Not specifics, just if he his still alive and what state he is in. Maybe a website?

Thanks!

Drew

·
Registered
3,914 Posts

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I think he was sold to CO a few years ago to breed. But I don't know his whereabouts since then.

I just want to know where Roany went :(

·
Registered
340 Posts
I rode a horse named Heathen's Lucky Charm... not sure if they are really related at all though, she could've come from one of the other Heathens.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they may be related if the horse is APHA or AQHA. Maybe not a direct descendant but a cousin or something related to Sullivan's Heathen.

·
Registered
340 Posts
As I recall she was AQHA. I don't know much else other than that though and she doesn't have a pedigree online through a free pedigree service. Maybe some kind member with AQHA membership?

I sure hope she's not the daughter of the horse you are looking for, my friend owned her and I do remember her commenting to me one day that she was the last foal by her sire before he died.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I honestly would not be surprised if Roany has passed on by now. He would be in his mid 20's. But I hope not! He is an APHA but bred many AQHA and TB mares. Too bad her pedigree isn't anywhere. Is there any way you could ask who the sire was?

·
Banned
1,390 Posts

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for finding him, Thunderhooves. I've been looking for him for a long time!!!!

Cutterz, thanks for finding the article. I'm not surprised to hear that he has passed. He was older.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I rode a horse named Heathen's Lucky Charm... not sure if they are really related at all though, she could've come from one of the other Heathens.
Heathens Lucky Charm's Grand sire is Sullivan's Heathen I don't remember her sire. I sold her a little over 2 years ago, but I probably have a copy of her papers somewhere.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have a Sabino Overo Brother Heathen grandson who has produced some really nice foals. If you are interested in taking a look at him here is our address.

doublesbarhorses.com

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im not sure if you still check this but I knew the old roan horse well. Everytime I went to visit, he was the first to have his stall door opened and be scratched on... He was doing very well, he didnt look or act his age at all, he was very spoiled, very well taken care of, and bred mares and had more mares booked right up until he passed away. He coliced and it hit him hard at his age. . . But there are quite a few babies out of him in the area. Beards were awfully sad when he passed. What a good guy he was!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts