The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't find a geographical section, but let me know if there is one.

My husband's going to interview for a job north of Bonnyville and I'd like to know more about the horse scene in that area. We'd be moving from Winnipeg where there's tons of all varieties of horse activities and facilities. I'm trying to take as many lessons as I can before the summer, in case we do move. That way I'm not an absolute beginner in case we buy land and I get a horse and/or there's no instructor that I like in the area.

So if you know anything about it let me know. Particularly interested in boarding stables and English instructors. I see that the vet clinic does equine medicine, so that seems a good starting point. Also, any general tips or info if you know the area, that would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I am not sure if you are interested in dressage, but there is a Cold Lake Dressage Club that is part of the Alberta Dressage Association. If you go to the ADA website, and then to the Cold Lake tab, the list and contacts for the 2012 executives are posted. This should be a good starting point for finding an instructor and getting a good sense of the horse scene in that area. I think there are also lots of Pony Club riders in the Bonnyville area, so that may also be a good source of information. I have put the URLs below. Good luck and welcome to Alberta!

Canadian Pony Club Alberta North Region Home Page - Beaver River pony club serves the Cold Lake area

Welcome to the Alberta Dressage Association - Cold Lake Chapter of the Alberta Dressage Association

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the sites. I've saved them for future reference. Dressage is what I'm most interested in so that association is a good starting point for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.