The Horse Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone in college this semester? What are you going for? What classes are you taking? How far along are you?

Just thought it would be cool to see if anyone else was going this semester...

I am in my second semester of my freshman year, Going for Social Work, majoring in Sociology. This semester I am taking Macroeconomics, Theater, Psychology, History of Evil, and Algebra...

·
Registered
808 Posts
Me! I'm in my last semester at the community college, graduation this Spring with an AA in Business Administration. I'm taking International Relations, Acct II, and Speech. I've just been accepted to Delaware Valley College for a BA in Business with a minor in Equine Studies. Hopefully, I'll finally be able to go to school full time and only work part time next year!

History of Evil????

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Hello, I'm going to Canton for Vet tech, it's my second semester in my sophmore year.

Luvmyperch, small world! My best friend goes there for zoology and I thought about applying but it was cheaper to stay in NY then go out of state! You will love it there!

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
I was at Michigan Tech for 3 years in the Pre-Med/Vet program but this fall I switched to a community college and I'm now taking up nursing-mostly because I'm very much ready to be done and move on with my life (Although I am very very much enjoying nursing school now). I'll be an LPN this spring and then re-apply and providing I'm accepted again I'll be an RN the following spring.

This semester I have Clinicals (8 hours Thursday and Friday), Pharmacology, Nursing Knowledge - Adult II, Nursing Knowledge - Child, Maternal/Newborn nursing and an NCLEX review class.

·
Registered
7,738 Posts
I'm going to community college right now. =) I'm basically just getting a general degree so I can hopefully transfer to somewhere else and get a real degree, in what, I dunno.
Currently I'm taking Writing 121, Intro to Algebra II, Advanced Horsemanship (the teacher was telling me that he would be totally willing to get me into the real horse world around here if I took the advanced class, he thinks I have talent, o_O, so I'm taking the class), and Interpersonal Communication. Starting in February I'm taking an Excel class, I guess to learn how to use Excel. Haha
It's nothing super exciting but my GPA is beautiful! Haha

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
Im in my second semester in my second year for a Psychology degree -- Im going into Social work and equine assisted therapy. I'm also getting a minor in womens studies. I'm taking Gender and Sexuality in Japan, Math, Social Differences and Social Problems.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm in my second semester first year of school. I'm studying to be an equine vet. Biology and anatomy. I'm also taking pshycology. Taking animal sciences and then your normal freshmen classes.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I'm in my first semester of my freshman year. I'm studying Animal Sciences. Currently taking Humanities, Literature and Intermediate Algebra

·
Super Moderator
22,681 Posts
I'm participating open college distance class that preps me for real college (things are bit different here, you can't graduate in open college but it gives just supplemental training to people who have already had their degree or then anyone can take separate parts of different college studies there. I'm doing the 2nd option).

Anyways, I've hesitated my career selection since I haven't know what to do with my life. Now I finally found I want to make a career in that study programme that I'm participating in this open college and really hope I can start studying it in some real college in the upcoming autumn. If I get in, my current class will be accpeted as transfer credits.

The studies I'm taking in that open college are some basics of the Bachelor of Social Services studies.

·
Super Moderator
22,681 Posts
I'm participating open college distance class that preps me for real college (things are bit different here, you can't graduate in open college but it gives just supplemental training to people who have already had their degree or then anyone can take separate parts of different college studies there. I'm doing the 2nd option).

Anyways, I've hesitated my career selection since I haven't know what to do with my life. Now I finally found I want to make a career in that study programme that I'm participating in this open college and really hope I can start studying it in some real college in the upcoming autumn. If I get in, my current class will be accpeted as transfer credits.

The studies I'm taking in that open college are some basics of the Bachelor of Social Services studies.
Oh, and I'd add I started this in the last autumn and will continue it till upcoming spring. I've taken and will take courses like Finnish/English/Swedish in social field, multidisciplinary ground of social field (aka history and current state of Finnishn society), social laws, evolving and studying human creature, ethics & philosophy in social field, social policy etc etc.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts