The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about a dressage barn/trainer up there so if there is anyone in that area could you please PM me so I can pick your brain :lol:

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you mean Cortland? What are you looking for?
oh geeze yes, I'm such a dork lol. There is a barn there I'm considering sending my mare to for training in the spring but I would like to know if anyone knows any good or bad things about the place. I'm planning to visit and take a lesson with the trainer in a few weeks, but I've never sent a horse for professional training so I'm a litter nervous about doing it without having talked to people who have used this place. It's 2 hours away from me so it's too far for anyone I know personally to know them, but the only trainer in my area I would use is too expensive :?. This place looks promising, but as I said, without hearing personal experiences I'm hesitant(even tho if I do send her up there I will be visiting at least once a week). If you know the area can I PM you the name of the barn?

·
Registered
804 Posts
I know of a really good trainer in Binghamton (made five gp horses) really good rider, but I don't know if she is taking any more outside horses.

Also know of a very good rider starting youngsters near Jamestown.

Only know of two peeps in Cortland.

It depends upon what you want in a trained horse. What are you looking for? Are you then going to take lessons?

(Feel free to PM me, I clinic a few times a year in WNJ/near harrisburg/and NY)

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know of a really good trainer in Binghamton (made five gp horses) really good rider, but I don't know if she is taking any more outside horses.

Also know of a very good rider starting youngsters near Jamestown.

Only know of two peeps in Cortland.

It depends upon what you want in a trained horse. What are you looking for? Are you then going to take lessons?

(Feel free to PM me, I clinic a few times a year in WNJ/near harrisburg/and NY)
Thank you, I PM'd you.

And so anyone else who is reading this thread knows, I'm looking to fix some major training problems caused my someone I let ride my mare last year(for about a year). By the time a realized how bad things where getting it was too late, my horse is now a bucker and has contact issues, she constantly ducks behind the contact and curls her neck.
I plan on taking lessons throughout her training so I can get a feel of her progress, but I am already taking lessons with a dressage trainer locally, I just can't afford her training fees.
If anyone has any suggestions for trainers for problem horses please let me know, the closer to Long Pond PA(18334) the better, but willing to travel as far as 2 hours.
Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.