The Horse Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! Does anyone own or ride Morgan(s)? Or Morgan crosses hehe If so tell me about them and post pics if you have any :) I am getting a Morgan cross (can't tell you what he's crossed with because I want to get pics first and see if anyone can guess, I never would have hehe) on Sunday. I'm super excited. He was Amish broke and trained...5 years old and broke to ride, drive and work. He's 15hh and VERY stocky so he's perfect for me LOL.. Okay enough of my babbling.. Show me some pics or tell me about 'em :)

·
Registered
300 Posts
My sister had a new style Morgan for a while, and she was very much like a saddlebred in temperament. She was a princess when you were working with her, and incredibly flashy, but she was also quite kind and really, really smart (that's kind of a breed trait--I've never met a dull morgan). She also liked to work and get really sweaty and muddy. Her whinny was really manly, but cute too. She had a lot of knee action, but i think that was from years and years of showing saddle seat before my sister got her. Morgans are great. You're lucky to be getting one.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks :) I've had one before but she was green broke to ride but would work her butt off in a harness.. I came on some financial troubles and sold her but I'm really glad to be getting another as she was great.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the stockier built ones not the saddlebred looking ones.. I can't wait for him to get here :) Oh I will post millions of pics hehe

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Heres a picture of a pretty little Morgan that I was riding at my old barn. A little bit of a handle but a fun ride.
This is Kitty.

8420_139836308492_529603492_2466780_7286254_n.jpg

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
This is my friend's QH/morgan gelding. His name is Plumber. He was her lesson horse and her parents bought him for her 10th birthday I think. She told me that he got his name because he always walked with his tail to the side showing off his butt. LOL I'm not sure if he gaits or not. He hasn't been ridden for a year or so...(I took the pictures)

Attachments

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Really cute horses :) The one I will be getting isn't gaited. But that's more reason for me to like him hehe I am not a huge gaited horse fan. I was raised on QH's lol

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
this is black jack hes a full morgan [a jacklees if anyone knows any morgan lines] he was one of the greatest horses ive ever had the pleasure to ride. he had to be put down last winter due to going completely blind [he was over 30yo] always full of energy, but never mean or naughty.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
he was amazing !

he could be really hyper [lol as a lot of morgans] & his owner decided to let him trot around the area until he decided to stop & after 68 times around with out wanting to walk she had to make him !

·
Registered
194 Posts
This is Nevada Starr, our Morgan/Mustang cross mare. She's definitely gotten the best traits of both breeds. :)

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Of all the horses I've showed, only one wasn't a Morgan. One was gaited (Peaches you are awesome, love ya), the second one not the greatest looking but great horse (RIP Meg), third was my living nightmare (never again Billy), Drummer awesome National Champion helped me recover from the "Billy Incidents", Ribbon sorry babe too fast for me, and last but not least my newest Morgan cross, Razz.

Razz is about 10 and is a Morgan Friesian cross. Daughter of Raven and Jazz. She's such a sweety and she's willing to do what you want if you ask right. Unfortunantly, because of her size most people take her to be a majorly badly bred, over sized pure blood Morgan. Poor Razz.... Oh well, she's great.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh wow she is very pretty. I can't wait for mine to come :) Sunday seems so far away.. Haha

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
I did ride my old trainer's pony. He was a Morgan/arab cross and the most adorable little horse ever. This was me with my 2 year old colt I was bringing along.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Beautiful horses everyone :) I posted pics of my new man in the Picture section and the Critique section :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts