The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, if I want to buy a bridle for Thumper, I need to do it online, because there are (unfortunately) not many good places to buy tack near me that I know of. I've chosen a bridle, and I was wondering if anyone has had any experiences- good or bad- with these. I really want to make sure that the place is trustworthy before I go ordering something from them. Thanks in advance!

Victory Canter English Tack & Apparel
NF Hampton Bridle and Fancy Snaffle Bridles | EQUESTRIAN COLLECTIONS.COM
Equine Supplies, Horse Supplies, Horse Supply
Nunn Finer Hampton Bridle with Matching Raised Laced Reins
Nunn Finer Hampton Fancy Stitch Bridle

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
I have purchased from Equestrian Collections and Jeffers Equine and they are both very reliable. I have heard many positive reviews about Victory Canter from friends.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, thanks! I was drawn to Victory Canter because of the fact that the bridle was like $20.00 cheaper :). It's nice to know that it's a good site :)

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
jeffersequine is great! I buy from there all the time and the quality is very nice and they have a great service/delivery. Another place I'm sold to is valleyvet.com - they carry what many other sites don't and delivery is just superb (like 2 days).

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright, I need some advice from you guys! Should I buy the bridle at Jeffers, where it is $152.95, or from Victory Canter, where it is $128.95? I don't know enough about either place to decide myself, because a. the customer service at Jeffers was SO great- they emailed me back in less than a day with even more information than I had asked for so I knew everything I needed *BUT* the bridle is a little over $20.00 more expensive, and b. I googled reviews for Victory Canter and one said that it took over a month to ship *BUT* Tennessee said that her friends had said good things about it, so that pretty much evens things out, and the bridle is a little over $20.00 cheaper.

So what do you guys think? Also, the shipping is free at Victory Canter. It's a little pricy at Jeffers, but they seem reliable.

·
Registered
362 Posts
i just bought my wintec saddle from jeffers beacuse they had free shipping. i go were its the best deal. but jeffers was fast shipping!!

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i just bought my wintec saddle from jeffers beacuse they had free shipping. i go were its the best deal. but jeffers was fast shipping!!
Okay, thank you so much for saying that! I just went back to check the shipping, and you were right. Shipping is free for over $49; I was looking at the PET shipping prices LOL. Hmm... You say that Jeffers is fast shipping, the other site says BEFORE CHRISTMAS which is like 2 weeks away... Jeffers might be better, but I'm not sure... Anyone else?

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have ordered from Victory Canter several times and I have no complaints.

Why spend an extra $20.00 on the same item, when you can get it for $20.00 less? I'd go with Victory Canter and save the extra $20.00. JMO.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay, thanks! I'll probably do that, then :). About how long did it take to ship? It's not a huge deal since it's a Christmas present for Thumper :)D), and I'm sure it would ship in two weeks :), but I'd just like to know!

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Have you considered eBay? I can almost guarantee you, you would find what you want for even less than those sites.

Good luck with the search.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I actually just checked eBay, and sadly they only had the bridle I'm looking for in Cob, not Full :(. So I'll be going with Victory Canter! I'm very excited- we're ordering it tonight! :D :D :D

·
Registered
340 Posts
All I'm gunna say is my sister has that bridle and it is soooooo nice. I love it and want to steal it but it won't fit my ponies... and she's mad at me because I hung it in front of her 4 yr olds stall while I was untacking him and he ate the reins a little bit xD

·
Registered
154 Posts
Okay, thanks! I'll probably do that, then :). About how long did it take to ship? It's not a huge deal since it's a Christmas present for Thumper :)D), and I'm sure it would ship in two weeks :), but I'd just like to know!
Shipping time was reasonable. I live in NY and I noticed that you are in Wisconsin. If I remember correctly, Victory Canter is located in the Carolinas. Items may take a little longer to reach you in Wisconsin than they did for me in NY.

Their email contact is very good. You'll receive an email confirmation for your order and they'll email you when the item ships out. I don't think you'll be disappointed with them.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Shipping time was reasonable. I live in NY and I noticed that you are in Wisconsin. If I remember correctly, Victory Canter is located in the Carolinas. Items may take a little longer to reach you in Wisconsin than they did for me in NY.

Their email contact is very good. You'll receive an email confirmation for your order and they'll email you when the item ships out. I don't think you'll be disappointed with them.
It's nice to hear this! I was a little iffy at first, because everything was so cheap, and I was a little worried that it meant that they weren't completely reliable. I'm excited- it should be shipped soon!

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I use tackwholesale.com as much as possible. They have good stuff for dirt cheap and stuff goes on clearance all the time. I got a saddle from there for $100 when it retailed for $900, and I just got an English draft bridle that was originally $190 and was on special for $80.

I like Stateline Tack, too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.