The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a 19-20" english saddle with a forward flap and a medium tree. New or used is fine. Leather or synthetic is fine. Must be $400 or less. May be able to stretch budget a LITTLE but not much. Thanks!:D

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
I wish you'd be nearby! :)

OK. You can try this 2 stores in my area (you have to call them though)

1) Gayer's Saddlery, Inc. I'm not sure they ship, but they have LOTS of saddles in. I got my reins and dressage bridle there and they are european-made awesome quality for the price (I even got a compliment on bridle from my trainer). The owners are hm-hm funny, but they have some stuff no other stores around carry (including my favorite Dover) - the guy travels all around including overseas and I believe in it watching what they have tack-wise.

2) Carroll County Tack & Supply - Welcome to Carroll County Tack and Supply They ship and they have used saddles in stock too all the time.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wish you'd be nearby! :)

OK. You can try this 2 stores in my area (you have to call them though)

1) Gayer's Saddlery, Inc. I'm not sure they ship, but they have LOTS of saddles in. I got my reins and dressage bridle there and they are european-made awesome quality for the price (I even got a compliment on bridle from my trainer). The owners are hm-hm funny, but they have some stuff no other stores around carry (including my favorite Dover) - the guy travels all around including overseas and I believe in it watching what they have tack-wise.

2) Carroll County Tack & Supply - Welcome to Carroll County Tack and Supply They ship and they have used saddles in stock too all the time.
Thanks! I found a Stubben Sigfried but not sure about quality/condition.
Tack Solutions By Leslie :: Saddles & Accessories :: English Saddles :: All Purpose Saddle :: Stubben Siegfried 30 19" USED - GOOD All Purpose Saddle Do you think I would be okay in an 18" as long as it has a forward flap?:?

·
Registered
650 Posts
I would try ebay, but narrow your seach criteria to used saddles, and make sure that the seller would allow a trial period in case it doesn't fit. Also, I would try Craigslist- I find great stuff on there all the time.

·
Banned
1,901 Posts
I think it would be better to go with an 18.5 or a 19. Even if you are losing weight, a too big saddle, IMO, is better than a too small saddle.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think it would be better to go with an 18.5 or a 19. Even if you are losing weight, a too big saddle, IMO, is better than a too small saddle.
Grrr. okay. I need a slap on the wrist LOL. I just need help looking for a saddle that big in my price range. If price wasnt an issue I would get a duett or a thornhill berlin

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
Thanks! I found a Stubben Sigfried but not sure about quality/condition.
Tack Solutions By Leslie*::*Saddles & Accessories*::*English Saddles*::*All Purpose Saddle*::*Stubben Siegfried 30 19" USED - GOOD All Purpose Saddle Do you think I would be okay in an 18" as long as it has a forward flap?:?
Stubben is a nice brand (although it doesn't fit my own butt personally, but my neighbor owns very old dressage and she loves it). I'm a little confused... Do you want to get A/P or CC? (I assume no dressage :) )

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Stubben is a nice brand (although it doesn't fit my own butt personally, but my neighbor owns very old dressage and she loves it). I'm a little confused... Do you want to get A/P or CC? (I assume no dressage :) )
Either one. Preferably CC but AP is fine:D

·
Registered
8,176 Posts
Did you look on Horsetopia.com? Lots of good used saddles for sale there.

·
Banned
5,892 Posts
Ill be going out to our tack store tonight (it benefits our rescue) and Ill check. I think we have a 19" crosby. I have the same problem with finding a saddle that fits my ever-widening hiney. My tex-tan western is a 16" and fits me with room to spare. If I look at anything english, its gotta be atleast a 19 or ill be spilling over.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ill be going out to our tack store tonight (it benefits our rescue) and Ill check. I think we have a 19" crosby. I have the same problem with finding a saddle that fits my ever-widening hiney. My tex-tan western is a 16" and fits me with room to spare. If I look at anything english, its gotta be atleast a 19 or ill be spilling over.

OOH!!!! Please have a 19" crosby!!!!

·
Banned
5,892 Posts
What size are you riding in now? Have you tried the measuring in a chair thing? Im just asking because I know for sure we have a beautiful Passier 18" and the lady only needs $250 for it.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was riding in an 18" and was too small so I need a 19-20" Have tried the seat size calc online and it says the same

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.