The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
Oh, my, she's a doll! She seems well trained and super willing...and really smooth. The only things that I can pick out is that she's not tracking up at all, but that might be due to her confo (my mustang guy is the same way because of the way he's built) and she seems like she might be a little bit stiff through her back and hips. Have you ever had her adjusted by a chiro?

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
She's adorable. I agree with smrobs on the gait, could be worth it to have her checked out, but she seems very calm and willing, so it could just be how she moves. How long have you had her?

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Aye, spot on! She has the conformation of a cow in the back end and subsequent arthritis because of it. Also, her rear feet are a tad upright. She *supposedly* used to be a well trained low level dressage horse (like training level 1 lol) but, that was probably a long while and a lot more cartilage ago. I have her on legend shots, msm, and feed her flax seed oil too. We're sort of experimenting with what we can do to have her feelin' as good as possible.

We love her to bits and her leasee does too she's a lucky little horse ;-) ... Thanks for the kind words all. I will for sure be looking into a chiro for her. She's probably never has had an adjustment before.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
You seem to be leaning forward as you rise, try rolling those shoulders back and sit more straight.

There's something about your legs that I can't pick up on quite exactly. It's how you rise, and I'm not sure if you should try relaxing those legs and not locking up your knees, or if you should try getting a more swinging trot that you can rise more easily out of...

·
Registered
49,777 Posts
Horse is cute. May not track up n back but at least she is fairly even . I think your riding her is fine and well matched to her.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.