The Horse Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Our new wintec arrived a couple days ago and I just now got around to switching out the gullets to fit him. Its working out wonderfully so far! Its him pretty darn well and he moves nicely in it. He has plenty of wither clearance, I can slide my hand around under the front of the saddle while riding, and it seems level (I laid a dressage whip across the top and it was level). I had a few other boarders look at it and they okayed the fit as well, so I'm extremely happy. The only thing I'm upset about is that the website said it came with wintec webbers, but it came with wintec stirrup leathers (synthetic). Should I call and complain or just leave it be?

·
Registered
393 Posts
I'm glad that you like your new saddle and that it seems to fit Apollo so well!
I had a Wintec for my first saddle and I think that they are pretty great.

I personally wouldn't complain about the stirrup leathers. I have had both in the past and I grew to absolutely hate the webbers. You can't roll your stirrups with webbers unless you put them at the top hole. I like just being able to slide my stirrups down and know that they're at the right length instead of having to adjust them to the right length every time I ride.

·
Registered
812 Posts
That's great! It is nice to have a lot of people check over your saddle, just to give you peace of mind. Your horse is gorgeous btw :).

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Just a side note, you have your saddle too far forward and it actually looks narrow.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone!

Just a side note, you have your saddle too far forward and it actually looks narrow.
Posted via Mobile Device
I wasn't asking for a critique. I threw it back on him after we cooled off bareback because I wanted to take a quick picture to send to a couple of people who asked about it. Yes, it is a little far forward in the photo because I just slapped it on for a quick photo and wasn't too concerned about it (wasn't riding with it like that), but you cant judge fit based on just one photo...and you have to take into account how it fits with added weight once the rider is in the saddle. Some saddles look like they fit when placed on the horse, but once the rider is in the saddle they not longer fit properly. He seems happy in it and I'm pretty sure he'd let me know if it was pinching or causing him discomfort wether it be through body language or him lashing out. Thanks for your concern though.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Thanks everyone!

I wasn't asking for a critique. I threw it back on him after we cooled off bareback because I wanted to take a quick picture to send to a couple of people who asked about it. Yes, it is a little far forward in the photo because I just slapped it on for a quick photo and wasn't too concerned about it (wasn't riding with it like that), but you cant judge fit based on just one photo...and you have to take into account how it fits with added weight once the rider is in the saddle. Some saddles look like they fit when placed on the horse, but once the rider is in the saddle they not longer fit properly. He seems happy in it and I'm pretty sure he'd let me know if it was pinching or causing him discomfort wether it be through body language or him lashing out. Thanks for your concern though.
It's a lot far forward and doesn't look like it fits, but don't listen to me ;). I've only apprenticed with a Master Saddler and done lots of courses and saddle fittings. I feel bad for your horse. Also I was not rude to you yet you decided to be rude and snarky to me. I just made a neutral comment in the interest of your horse.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
It's a lot far forward and doesn't look like it fits, but don't listen to me ;). I've only apprenticed with a Master Saddler and done lots of courses and saddle fittings. I feel bad for your horse. Also I was not rude to you yet you decided to be rude and snarky to me. I just made a neutral comment in the interest of your horse.
Posted via Mobile Device
I wasn't rude nor snarky? I was making a general comment as were you...I don't know why you are taking it so personally. You are the one being rude..."I feel bad for your horse", I have yet to say anything disrespectful towards you.

·
Registered
180 Posts
For what they cost to replace (not much) I wouldn't bother complaining personally might be good to see how the synthetics last ... Bit of a new experience with it (if you haven't already) lol.
Saddle looks comfy ... I also do the quick throw on for the picture no adjustments when I get new tack (not for the ride just photo purpose lol) after all he is such a handsome boy he has to model his gear...

On a side note I think it's very hard to gauge someone's intent in written text .... Perhaps the tone of the poster was a little condescending when read ... Without intending to be 😉 I'm sure no malice was ment by either of you ...
Happy days 😊
Gorgeous horse!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
180 Posts
By the way I was talking about the stirrup leathers at the top to lol I noticed I never actually wrote the words "stirrups leathers" anywhere lol
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 11 of 11 Posts