The Horse Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12,251 Posts
Its my understanding that his original owner "donated" him to the rescue when his arthritis and age related issues started preventing him from being used for trail riding
Ain‘t it great but on the plus side the original owner at least had the decency to give him to the rescue instead of trying to get a few dollars out of him at a kill auction .

He seems to like the children😇😇

What meds is he on? I’m always curious about anything for arthritis as I’ve dealt plenty of it these last ten years🤠

·
Super Moderator
17,465 Posts
He's a beauty....
Seems because he aged and has some limitations he was given up on...:( how sad.
Bet he has many miles and years left if he can go at his pace and effort level.

Sure seems to a gentle one with such small children close and him watching closely where they are...
Kudos to you and your wife for giving a senior a chance to show just how great they are to have around. ;)
🐴...

·
Premium Member
Retired breeder
2,438 Posts
Ain‘t it great but on the plus side the original owner at least had the decency to give him to the rescue instead of trying to get a few dollars out of him at a kill auction .

He seems to like the children😇😇

What meds is he on? I’m always curious about anything for arthritis as I’ve dealt plenty of it these last ten years🤠
He's not got enough weight on him to go for a canner. Plus, he's on meds. Nope, he does not fit the bill for a canner buyer. Not to mention, he's also grey. Canner buyers won't buy greys.

Congrats on your new horse! If you like him, thats all that counts.

·
Premium Member
Horse loving mama
909 Posts
I trimmed him and put new front shoes on him yesterday. He was a complete and total angel. Although the rescue was full of crap trying to convince me he had been done 6 weeks ago, he was easily 12 weeks overdue.
Ok I'm confused, you got the horse the last of July and his feet look great in the pictures so I though he was just done and now you say he was 12 weeks over due and you just trimmed him and put front shoes on him yesterday, ha ha ha ha Ok I'm trying to figure this out. He looked freshly done when you got him.
Sorry if I misunderstood you, just trying to figure this out, lol..

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok I'm confused, you got the horse the last of July and his feet look great in the pictures so I though he was just done and now you say he was 12 weeks over due and you just trimmed him and put front shoes on him yesterday, ha ha ha ha Ok I'm trying to figure this out. He looked freshly done when you got him.
Sorry if I misunderstood you, just trying to figure this out, lol..
His feet are buried in 4" of wood pellets. I trimmed over 2" of length off him.

·
Registered
12,251 Posts
Another terrific senior who got the soft landing he deserved🥰🥰

You gotta admit —- your wife dun good👍💐👍💐

1 - 19 of 19 Posts