The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Apparently we rescued a new horse 🙄

2K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  walkinthewalk 
#1 ·
Apparently since we had an open stall the wife decided to rescue a new horse. He is well over 20 years old, arthritic and takes multiple medications as well as special feed 😵‍💫😵‍💫....

Oh and he kicked the heck out of my trailer while bringing him home.
Horse Working animal Fence Pack animal Terrestrial animal
Photograph Vertebrate Organ Green Fence

See less See more
#4 ·
Ain‘t it great but on the plus side the original owner at least had the decency to give him to the rescue instead of trying to get a few dollars out of him at a kill auction .

He seems to like the children😇😇

What meds is he on? I’m always curious about anything for arthritis as I’ve dealt plenty of it these last ten years🤠

#5 ·
He's a beauty....
Seems because he aged and has some limitations he was given up on...:( how sad.
Bet he has many miles and years left if he can go at his pace and effort level.

Sure seems to a gentle one with such small children close and him watching closely where they are...
Kudos to you and your wife for giving a senior a chance to show just how great they are to have around. ;)
🐴...

#16 ·
Ok I'm confused, you got the horse the last of July and his feet look great in the pictures so I though he was just done and now you say he was 12 weeks over due and you just trimmed him and put front shoes on him yesterday, ha ha ha ha Ok I'm trying to figure this out. He looked freshly done when you got him.
Sorry if I misunderstood you, just trying to figure this out, lol..

#21 ·
Senior horses are the best!

My new farrier LOVES my two — especially after neither one of them bat an eye under the overhang last month in a thunderstorm and lightening hit not 500 feet from the barn last month. I heard the sizzle milliseconds before the strike -I knew it was going to be a hair raiser and it was. The most phenominal thing was the fact the Dutch Warmblood is from SoCal and not used to these storms. My TWH is being a good teacher in acclimating him to our environment 🥰🥰

Your wife did great bringing that handsome fella home.💐💐

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.