Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I just bought this horse in early August from my local auction. At first glance I figured he was a small Quarter Horse but after riding him I'm thinking he might be an Appendix. He moves just like riding a Thouroughbred and he has more than enough speed to match it. Thoughts??

-SavvyD

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome, deep down I was hoping he'd be more TB than Quarter horse. But breeds are weird, Ive seen full papered Quarter horses look like a purebred Arabian so you can never be sure I guess

·
Registered
7,222 Posts
^ if he's from an auction he probably doesn't have a pedigree. And if he did, the OP would know what he was ;)

OP do you have any side views of him where he's parallel to the camera?

·
Registered
14,984 Posts
His face looks TB to me, but I see the quarter horse in his body.

Reactions: Yogiwick

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
^ if he's from an auction he probably doesn't have a pedigree. And if he did, the OP would know what he was ;)

OP do you have any side views of him where he's parallel to the camera?

These are the only really good pictures I have of him right now, rainy season started in Oregon so I havent been taking pictures while Ive been out to see him. Dont want to drench my phone :)

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
I'm not sure it really makes a difference. An unpapered Appendix is a QH/TB mix. And many papered QH's have a significant amount of TB blood- take the papers away and it'd be considered a QH/TB mix as legitimately as a "grade" QH.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
He could be either.I used to have a registered qh who everyone thought was a tb. Some appendix qhs look more like a qh than some qhs :)

It didn't really matter as long as he's a good horse.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reactions: SavvyD

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
It's hard to tell. I have to say some body features dont look quarter horse to me, but there is always the exception. I absolutely love quarter horses, so I would love to imagine its a full quarter horse, but I myself would lean to likely be a cross. Beautiful horse either way. You must have paid a great price to.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
He's built a little like my friends Dash for Cash mare. His head looks very TB in some pictures though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.