Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I'm an AQHYA member and I was wondering if they allowed for a member to see who a horse's current owner is?

I'm asking this because I once had an exceptional mare and if I ever come into the proper financial situation, I'd like to own that mare again.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Unless they have changed policy, I think they will. A few years ago I asked them about a mare I previously leased. I wasn't ever an owner, and was not a member of AQHA and they emailed me back the current owners name and address.

·
Banned
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

I'm glad to hear that because the mare was my first horse and boy, was she one heck of a horse. I miss the little devil. Haha.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
If the current owner had the mare transferred into her name then yes, you can find their information through AQHA. It costs a few dollars and you have to log into your member's services to find it but all of the information about the horse is there and you can access it if you have her registration number and/or name..I'm not sure about youth members but I have a full membership and I can.

·
Super Moderator
27,570 Posts
As an AQHA member you should be able to log into the website. They give you $10 per month to look things up. If you remember the mares name you can look up her current owner for about $2.

Reactions: GotaDunQH

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
I don't find it "disturbing" at all..I've tracked down all of my horse's previous owners and talked with the for a while over the phone and emails..Even horses we've sold, I keep in touch with the owners and send pictures and such..

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
I like to know where my horses have come from and where they go.
So yes, I am kinda obsessed with this myself.
Like drum, I like to keep contact with any new owners if they allow...even if its the occasional facebook picture stalking....I have also had a lot of horses come to me from previous owners who like to stay in contact with me and get updates.
I find nothing wrong with either, but I also will respect new owners wishes either way.

I have looked up some previous owners on AQHA and APHA, I have contacted people in different states and ended up with baby pictures and training videos, I have also found things out about my horses I did not know when I purchased them.....one previous owner mailed me a bunch of paper work on the horse....like show records and vet bills and such.....I learned a lot from that, one being the horse had colic before (a little info the person I bought the horse from was well aware of but did not include in the horses health history).
I have also been on the other side, I have sold a few horses that I could honestly care less what happened to them and do not have nice things to say about them....I voice my concerns and dislikes to the new buyers and wish them luck....its fun to be able to check up on the horses down the road though to see if they made anything out of them....that is why I like the new things technology offers us ---> main use of my facebook.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.