Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I'm looking at buying an Arabian mare to get into more endurance and CTR... But honestly have no idea about bloodlines and what to look for! Any help would be greatly appreciated- type, prominent names etc, although I currently only have the pedigree for her father:

Tw Marshall Arabian

I have been competing with my Appaloosa the last few years and while he's wonderful, I've entertained the idea of finding a horse a little better suited to long distance for about a year. This little mare just came up for sale and is lovely. She's 14.1, 4 years, eager to work with a great attitude and nice easy movement. Her owner is flexible on price and eager to find her a good home before winter.

What are your thoughts???
Ashley

Horse Mammal Vertebrate Sorrel Bridle

Horse Bridle Vertebrate Halter Mammal

·
Registered
5,801 Posts
Pretty little girl.
Sire looks mainly polish, with some nice Crabbet thrown in for good measure.
Of course he's only half of her, so her dam lines would help. Is she purebred? Just asking, because the sire shows only two offspring, both out of a QH. Doesn't mean he has only sired these, since allbreed isn't official, anybody can put a horse on there.

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
OP any sound conformationally correct arabian can usually do well in endurance IMO.
I would stay away from those arabs bred strictly for halter.
Racebred arabians usually do quite well in endurance.
That looks like a nice mare and she should fulfill your needs.
There is not much the arabian breed cannot do. They do however have an unfair advantage in endurance. Thousands of years of selective breeding. Shalom

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys for your help :) The owner is going to dig up her dam's papers for me, who's purebred and apparently heavy Kemosabi lines. They never registered her but I probably would if I were to purchase her.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Luckily for you, the AHA is running a promotion that offers a lowered price for late registrations.

Reactions: dbarabians
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.