The Horse Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have my first show on Saturday and I was wondering if it's counted as cheating to wear a posture corrector underneath your clothes to improve your posture. I don't want to unknowingly cheat lol

·
Registered
522 Posts
Is there any way to contact the show secretary? I think it would depend on type of show. If it's a schooling or fun type show (with no governing body--like FEI or USEF) that might make a difference. Try to see if there are any rules available posted online or elsewhere.

·
Super Moderator
12,656 Posts
Well there goes my bra.....
Seriously, they aren't going to be asking for a show of garments worn under your clothing. I don't think I have ever seen it addressed in any rules I've read. I tried a google search and I am either using the wrong key words or word combinations but still couldn't find anything. Best would be as suggested already to call the show steward and ask.

·
Super Moderator
14,705 Posts
If referring to a back brace for therapeutic reasons, then you can absolutely ride with it.
If referring to a straight rod and clothes hanger to remind you to sit straight and shoulder squared...then to me you actually defeat your own bodies ability to be a shock absorber astride and ride as one with the animal.
Body protectors are now often ridden in during shows by many professionals who value their guts and back stay in one piece and position...
If you are referring to wearing a sports bra for proper support... :cautious: there would be many a rider in trouble!
No one is doing strip searches but if you enter a ring and can't move with the horse as needed, when needed it also counts against you.
Use common sense...if your "device" is noticeable or places your position marked out of character of a riders astride physique... :rolleyes::unsure:
🐴...jmo...

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
It seems to me there used to be a law in San Antonio, Texas against riding a horse on the street without a brassiere..

·
Super Moderator
26,877 Posts
I've seen people use them at the AQHA shows. That doesn't mean they are legal but I have seen them used under the hunt coat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts