The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took Annie and Honey out to the expo a few days ago. Just for some schooling and practice in a proper sized arena.

Well, guess who pulled up, about fifteen minutes into our session? Yeah. You guessed it, Kayla. Some of you know Kayla from my ranting about her abusive behavior and terrible manners. Well, she got a new colt. A stud colt. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

So she rode in on her pretty little sorrel tobiano stud, and I figure dif I stayed on my side of the arena, she wouldn't be a problem. I was wrong.

Now, this arena is HUGE. It's the size of two normal arenas put together. There is no reason for any problems.

So, she started by immediately taking off at a dead run down the arena and back, then shot off like a bullet around the ENTIRE rail. I was just trotting lazily, hoping she would stay away from me. Well, it was clear she wasn't going to so I tried to move Annie away from her, and failed. She actually veered off and ran right by me, with only a foot or so between our horses. Now remember, Annie kicks if you startle her. And it was lucky for that little witch she wasn't nailed.

So I politely told her my horse kicks and that she should keep her distance. She smiled and agreed, then what does she do? She goes and does it again! This time, she was nailed. She was furious! I'm like....WTF? I told you! Don't you see the red ribbon on her tail?

Then, she finally stayed away but I saw her hanging on her horse's mouth and then beating him with the crop because he wouldn't run, or collect himself, or doing whatever it is she was trying to get him to do. W.T.F.

She is beginning to get MAJORLY on my nerves. She used to be worse than this too. That's what kills me.

I left. I wasn't going to deal with her crap.

·
Registered
8,176 Posts
I'm sorry but where is the barn owner when this is happening? Who in their right mind lets any rider behave this way? I don't care if the person is young or old, inexperienced or a lifetime horseperson. This just isn't acceptable. Isn't there somebody there you can bring this issue up with?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I agree, someone needs to say something to this Miss Kayla ...not only is she putting her horse and her self in danger but putting the others would ride around her in danger. Sounds like she has plenty of room to keep away from you too.

·
Banned
1,901 Posts
HAHA! I would have fell out of my saddle I was laughing so hard when she got kicked.....but thats just me, and I enjoy watching karma work.

I hate it when people are inconsiderate of others when entering an arena. It happens to me all of the time. I just have to sigh and dismount before something bad happens....

·
Registered
157 Posts
Oh I hate that. I went to a fun show at a local western ranch once and two girls were beating on their horses and ripping at their mouths and running them straight into fences and it sickened me. I vowed if I ever went back and saw either doing that, I would rip them off and shove spurs in their shoulders and smack them from ear to ear to see if they liked it. But that's just me.

I say kudos to your mare for nailing that miss Kayla. If you want, you can ship me over there and I'll beat her with a whip :D

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Ugh! It makes me so mad when people do that!!!

A few years ago in the only warm-up ring at a big dressage show( the outdoor one was a mess!) a western rider put her iPod in and galloped around the 60by60 arena, filled with spooking dressage horses. We were all calling where we were going and trying to make it work and she came in and galloped around with her iPod in, not trying to stay out of anyones way at all -_-

Some people! I hope that kayla girl smartens up!

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Ugh! It makes me so mad when people do that!!!

A few years ago in the only warm-up ring at a big dressage show( the outdoor one was a mess!) a western rider put her iPod in and galloped around the 60by60 arena, filled with spooking dressage horses. We were all calling where we were going and trying to make it work and she came in and galloped around with her iPod in, not trying to stay out of anyones way at all -_-

Some people! I hope that kayla girl smartens up!

·
Registered
8,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm sorry but where is the barn owner when this is happening? Who in their right mind lets any rider behave this way? I don't care if the person is young or old, inexperienced or a lifetime horseperson. This just isn't acceptable. Isn't there somebody there you can bring this issue up with?

The Expo is a public place. They don't care how you ride there, and the poeple who are regularly there are just cleaning and refilling vending machines, and they don't have a clue nor do they care about the riders.

Ugh, Kayla needs to be slapped with a whip.

·
Registered
214 Posts
All i have to say is thats down right rude of her. I don't ride in areans and we don't board anywhere so i've always had my area to myself but that is just inconsiderate of her to do that to your horse. And then she is doing that stuff to her horse?!?! I may not know exactly what she is all doing (i'm really new to riding) but it doesn't sound like a pleasant experience! People should treat their anmials and other's with respect when it comes to that. Hopefully karma stays on your side : D

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I would go and fix that child up myself! If I were you I would so have complained to the owner or manager of the stables before you left...I cannot tolerate people like that....I would have preferably ripped her head off myself. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
8,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would go and fix that child up myself! If I were you I would so have complained to the owner or manager of the stables before you left...I cannot tolerate people like that....I would have preferably ripped her head off myself. :mrgreen:
I agree, but there's no manager to report to. It's just open riding at the expo center.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Ugh! I know exactly what you mean! When i occasionally do use the arena at work I usually have someone else in there too and its not a extremely large one either. two horses max three if you work a small flat.

One rider...lynda...is very nice to be in there with. She sticks to her half i stick to mine we agree that if we are going to be loping circles that we point our horses the same direction in the middle so we arents passing head on but are going next to eachother where we can judge our spacing better. (not sure if thats correct but it works for us)

Jason also rides...he isnt bad...he gives me my space an i give him his...he sometimes takes up more then half the arena but thats when i just switch into a small flat work pattern an dont worry about it. He does sometimes try to tell me how to ride...which i dont mind...he is a pro reining rider/trainer but my horse has been trained completely different. so where i may take his adivise from time to time some of it isnt practicly.

Richard probably bugs me worst an least...he helps instruct me and at no charge...he just does it if we happen to be in the arena together and he tells me how to better my seat and how to lighten my hands and such...he improves me...he doesnt tell me how to ride my horse(like what cues an such) he tells me how to be a better rider...but i sometimes feel crowded. He will use the entire arena. I feel like im dodging him and having to work to stay clear of him. Of coarse neither of our horses kick an we could ride them side by side but i really like to have my personal space to ride in.

Either way I think kayla from your inncident needs to just have a heavy dose of karma. Next time she does that to someone i hope she gets kicked hard then thrown so much she cant ride for a week due to a injured bum...then parhaps some little kid can come by an smack her with a whip...yes that would all be funny indeed just judging from your story lol

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
doesnt she warm her horse up properly before she tears around like that?! especially if he is a young colt he doesnt need putting off. that sounds annoying, she acts like a child! if she is the owner of a colt stud then she needs more horse sense than that to look after him or any horse infact :/

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.