The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really frustrated, I bought a saddle weeks ago. The seller sent it out on March 18th and its still not here! There is only info on the saddle that it was accepted at the post office in MI, and nothing else. I have made several phone calls to the post office and no one can seem to tell me where the darned thing is!! They said to wait 14 days, well its been over 14 days and still nothing. How hard is it to find an enormous box with a western saddle in it?
I have had my new mare here 2 weeks now and all I can do it ride her bareback around the yard. I want to actually go out on the trails, I just don't dare to bareback and not really knowing her.
Anyone ever had issues getting a saddle mailed through the post office?

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
I use the Post Office almost exclusively when shipping a saddle and have not had a problem. One thing I always do is to insure the package, hopefully yours is insured.

If the package is going via Parcel Post, and you live a good way from MI, it could take 2 weeks to get to you.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just talked to the post office again today. They said the saddle SHOULD have been here by now. Something is definately not right here.
I have used parcel post to send an english saddle from PA to WA and it only took one week to get there.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
I'm really sorry to hear about that. Is it insured?

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope, not insured. I would have gotten it insured if it had been me. The seller shipped to me for free. I got it from a private online tack store.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
What have they said about it?

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
I'm crossing my fingers for you and hoping the saddle shows up still. Have you tried contacting your local post office? Maybe they are just slow about getting it to you.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My local post office doesn't have the saddle. I filed a complaint online last week, they are they ones that answered that. They e-mail me again early this morning saying it still hasn't showed up there. Also filed another complaint on the phone, they will get back to me in 2 business days:?

The seller e-mailed this afternoon and said she could send me another saddle to use in the meantime then send it back when (if) I get the one I bought, which was really nice of her. But I'll still be waiting around for one saddle or another, and then will be stuck shipping one back. Or both if they don't even fit my horse.

Guess its my own fault for buying online! I wish we had some decent western tack stores around here.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Guess its my own fault for buying online! I wish we had some decent western tack stores around here.
Not at all ... next time, just be sure it's insured. That was nice of the seller to offer to replace the saddle.

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Not at all ... next time, just be sure it's insured. That was nice of the seller to offer to replace the saddle.
No kidding. I was going to ask if maybe you had fallen under one of those fraudulant adds. Really glad to hear that you can get replaced. Maybe that store will start setting up insurance for their packages. Is there any way to borrow a friend's or maybe even neighbors saddle? you poor thing, must be torture especially since it's a new horse. Good luck with getting your saddle replaced :)

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Same thing happened to me with a browband. I was trying to send it back to the seller for repair and POOF! Gone. No insurance = basically nothing to do about it unfortunately.

Luckily, the seller, much like the one you are dealing with, replaced mine since it was neither of our faults

It sucks when that type of thing happens!

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Luckily, the seller, much like the one you are dealing with, replaced mine since it was neither of our faults

It sucks when that type of thing happens!
Lucky! yet another example you can't trust the system or the people along it. Mistakes are made but it's really unfortunate to have that happen. Glad you were able to get your missing piece back tho. Good ending!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I FINALLY got my saddle... and boy am I disappointed with it. Prob only worth half what I paid for it. I don't think its ever seen any oil or conditioner in its lifetime. Put it on my mare anyways, and doesn't even fit :?. This thing is definately going back, I couldn't hate it more! So... back to sqaure one... 3 1/2 weeks later!!!

Oh yea, and the problem with the shipping was that the seller had re-used an old box, and on the top of it it said TO: her name and address on it. On the side of the box was my shipping address. DUH!

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
I FINALLY got my saddle... and boy am I disappointed with it. Prob only worth half what I paid for it. I don't think its ever seen any oil or conditioner in its lifetime. Put it on my mare anyways, and doesn't even fit :?. This thing is definately going back, I couldn't hate it more! So... back to sqaure one... 3 1/2 weeks later!!!

Oh yea, and the problem with the shipping was that the seller had re-used an old box, and on the top of it it said TO: her name and address on it. On the side of the box was my shipping address. DUH!
That's ridiculous. Makes you wonder about people eh. Make sure you get your money back.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.