The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking into the ARHA and their classes. My horse is a ranch type horse and he has that type of movement. I guess my question is how good do you have to be to compete in these show? If anyone has ever competed with the ARHA- what is the atmosphere like?

·
Registered
11,953 Posts
I've been and watched a couple, I am considering that avenue as an entry point for my youngsters before spending big bucks to go NRCHA or NRHA with them. It seems a good way to get started in the show world. A lot of horses that were obviously still early in their training, many beginner riders & showmen. What I took most note of was how willing folks were to help one another. Worth giving a try I'd say!

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been and watched a couple, I am considering that avenue as an entry point for my youngsters before spending big bucks to go NRCHA or NRHA with them. It seems a good way to get started in the show world. A lot of horses that were obviously still early in their training, many beginner riders & showmen. What I took most note of was how willing folks were to help one another. Worth giving a try I'd say!
Thank you very much. I would really like to get involved with an association like this because (although I really want to get into reining) my horse isn't a reining horse and he isn't a western pleasure horse either. I think he would fit in well at these shows.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.