The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the crupper I ordered in the mail.

... now how in the world does it work.. Obviously I know it goes over the tail and attaches to teh saddle some how...

I think its to short to go like threw the gullet to teh front.. then over teh tail.. its the full size as well.....

**confused**
Answers as soon as possible will be great cause Im hoping to use it today.

Its something like this
Kincade Crupper With Block $20.00 DOLLAR DAYS SAVINGS HorseLoverZ.com

but in full size.

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
obviously for an English saddle?
Western cruppers have a clip where your T is and it just attaches to the back of the saddle. Most western saddles have a crupper ring behind the cantle that it just clips to. Your going to have to rely on the english side of the members :lol:

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
HMM, not sure on this one myself , but did you buy it at horse loverZ , underneath their was was box that you could ask a question through email..perhaps they could help you .

I never used a crupper on any of my saddles.

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
All I can find says it fits into the underside of the saddle. I'm still looking

·
Registered
808 Posts
Slides into the gullet of an english saddle and sort of stops with the flap on the back of the underside of the saddle, if that makes sense?!

·
Registered
266 Posts
An english crupper will attach around your billet straps, like the loops on an english saddle pad would to hold it in place.

Did you get the right style of crupper? If you got the kind with just the metal T part, It slides in the gullet and you just pull back as much as you can until its snug.

Look on this page and you'll see a picture of a crupper adapter and how it is installed... that's how you'd do the metal one.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I got the one thats in the link that I posted.

Ill try getting it in the underside of the saddle again tomorrow. It didnt seem to want to actually go in, but I also wasnt trying very hard just in case I was wrong. lol

Thanks for the link :)

·
Registered
16,645 Posts
That is an english crupper. It does NOT fit on the billets in any way.

Take the "T", line it the long way in the groove between the two sides of the panels (along the spine of the saddle). Once in the groove, turn it sideways so that the wings of the "T" slide under the panels. Pull it back toward the back of the saddle until the rear panel stops it.

Unbuckle one side of the tail piece and slide it under the tail. Then, adjust the length along the back until the tail loop hangs about an inch below the dock.

Hope this helps. If you are wanting this for a westrn saddle......

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Allison's description and the photo in the link makes more sense. It should be attached more to the rear of the saddle than toward the front.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.