The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went and saw Avatar in 3D earlier today.
I was kind of leery because I'm not a fan of alien movies, or movies that are half computer animation/half normal.

But...

Avatar definitely rocked! The graphics were great and the perfect blend of computer animation+realness that it wasn't dumb haha It made me want to just go live with them lol! (I get like that with books, too. Their lives are so much more adventurous! :p)

I really recommend seeing this movie if you haven't already. It's not dumb like I thought it would be. ;)

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I saw it in regular and then in 3D.

There is SO much going on in the movie that watching it in 3D gave me a headache.

·
Registered
18,791 Posts
I was just about to create a thread about seeing Avatar when I noticed one had already been started. We saw it this past weekend in 3D IMAX and loved it! We are going to see it again this coming weekend. If you haven't seen it and are thinking about it, I would definitely opt to see it in 3D on a large IMAX screen if possible. I loved the creatures in the movie and thought they had an interesting take on horses, though I much prefer the real thing. :)

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
i saw it and i thought it was great! haha before i saw it i was like: oh fun, a movie about blue fairys and six legged animals(did you notice, pretty much all the animals had six legs?) lol but i thought it was great, even from a critical point of veiw

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
We went to it this past weekend and I have to say it was an awesome movie!!! Probably THE BEST movie I've seen in the last year. I loved it and can't wait to see it again!

·
Registered
358 Posts
I really would like to go see that movie. I was thinking about going to see it tomorrow but, now I don`t think it will happen after every thing that happened today.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I would like to see it again. I was so into it, i wanted to be there on that planet....its kinda sad that im disappointed about not being able to. The way the plants and some animals glowed at night was just crazy awesome.

·
Registered
627 Posts
We saw it as a normal movie and then I took my friend again to see it in 3D last night. Man, the house was PACKED that last time. Which was surprising because I was thinking less people were going to be there because it has already been out a little while.

So wrong!

I love this movie though. I mean, the story line could have been better...he had 10 years to work on it afterall...but it's not that big of a beef. The cg was mindblowing.

Wondering why the Na'Vi were so humanoid...I know WHY they made them humanoid, for audience sympathy and such...but logically, given how everything we saw on that planet had a variation on the six-limb scenario, I was wondering why the Na'Vi only had two arms. :lol: And how come there weren't any animals with hair? Considering the blue kittehs had what looked to be hair, I was kinda disappointed to see only reptilian-looking species. But we only got a small glimpse of the planet wildlife. (Leave me alone, I'm a nerd when it comes to creature/enviro concept design).

I also wish there was more of a difference between the tribes...but ah well.

It was lovely. Really digging the bioluminesence and all the insects and sounds and creature design. And it had a few good messages as well. I know some people are griping about the rather obvious moral(s) of the story, but the way I see it, if mainstream public needs a multi-million dollar movie to help get environmental messages across, then so be it.

But overall, it's a great and beautiful movie. The characters were emotive, there was a good deal of progression and the soundtrack is rather nice. Everyone should try to see it in 3D while they can. :)

·
Registered
879 Posts
I am planning to go see this and everyone has said it was good especially CGI but quite a few have said the plot could have been worst. I was talking to a friend of mine and he said he didn't know where the director's train of thought was going but he got off four stops ago.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Absolutely amazing!
I LOOVE it!
Saw it yesterday in 3D on a HUGE screen (not sure if it was IMAX or not. It was 2 times bigger than the screens here in Finland.)
I'm going to go see it again this weekend :D.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I saw it the other day and WOW. Also saw it in 3D, definitely going to either buy it or go again and see. Special effects were stunning, plot wasn't the best but I coped and reckoned the special effects made up for it.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Wow! I saw Avatar on Friday and it blew my mind! It was incredible. My whole family went and we all loved it. For it being such a long movie it really keep my mind in tune with it and I felt like I was right there on the planet not sitting in a seat in a movie theater.

I can't wait to go see it in 3D!

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
I saw the movie last week. I thought it was a little on the long side, but it was phenomenal. Absolutely incredible movie. Definitely a must own and must see!

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I saw it a few days ago and loved it. Yeah, I agree that the plot wasn't the best but it was okay. But the movie itself was just so fun to watch, all the wildlife and plants and landscape and everything! I kinda want to go see it again but it costs so much ...

A cool video someone showed me;

kind of amazing!

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
I saw it a few days ago and loved it. Yeah, I agree that the plot wasn't the best but it was okay. But the movie itself was just so fun to watch, all the wildlife and plants and landscape and everything! I kinda want to go see it again but it costs so much ...

A cool video someone showed me;
YouTube - Avatar behind the scenes

kind of amazing!
Waw phenomenal video! thanks for sharing it. I just passed it on.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.