The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 58 of 58 Posts
...she laughed about it... In her other video everytime the horse started to buck she starts laughing! Then she beats him when he bucks her off! Is there something wrong with this girl's head?

Yeah, it is called spoiled brat, it is a disease and it is very contagious and malignant. So far the only known cure is called parenting, but this treatment is very hard to find in conjunction with a spoiled child, it is almost impossible to bring the two together.

Foot up *** is a good treatment too and often works better than parenting on such a severe case...

I'm not sure I'd call what she does "abusive" (she doesn't seem to be hurting the horse particularly), but it certainly is kind of... dumb. The horse clearly thinks she's out of her mind, especially in the free lunging vid.

I think I saw that a while ago...
If she was any kind of decent rider, she wouldn't have fallen off in the first place. That little crow hop was nothing. Now the horse has that bad experience and he had no idea why he was being punished. Great way to make a horse sour. :-|

It's overall just dumb. Not only did she wait to correct him but she was laughing as if it were not a big deal? Complete and total idiots. It wasn't even a bad buck, as mentioned, if she had a more solid position she could have sat that out.

That girl can't ride and took the whole things as a joke when she got bucked off. The poor horse was very confused after she "beat" him. She should have done some kind of correction immediately although the way she acts and rides probably will cause this to happen again and again. Poor horse.

My son has just turned 6 years old and been riding off the leadline for only 5 months. And he has sat bigger crowhops than that from his little pony. Frankly, I think having a first pony that give him the occasional power struggle, throws the odd kick and crowhop turns him into a better rider and I'm thankful she isn't push button.

My son is autistic, and while he is high functioning, one of ways it manifests is he struggles with is understanding empathy. That only means I have done double time and worked extra hard to teach him exactly how you do and don't treat animals. And I think if my little boy saw that girl with her pony, he'd walk straight up to her and deck her. At six, he already knows better. I know if I was there, I'd certainly snatch that crop out of her hand and feed it to her.

In my opinion, you learn how to treat animals from the adults around you. I don't think this is a bratty kid just reacting, I think it is a learned behavior. You have to teach kids how to treat animals, especially horses. I also think you should work on showing your kids how to teach animals to do what you want them to. I have a 13 year old, a 6 year old and a 5 year old. All of them know how to treat animals...admittedly my younger ones are working with dogs, not horses, but I think the message is the same. I wouldn't think twice about leaving my 13 year old with the horses alone (although I don't because if an accident were to happen I need to be there), because she knows how to handle them and certainly would do anything abusive to them. The point to this long winded speech is that I think the girl in the video has learned that whipping the horse is the appropriate reaction to the horse bucking.

She is a tool:shock:

First off...learn to stay on a horse??? That wasn't much of a buck and she goes toppling over his head?

I would have had no issue if she had taken her crop and gave him a slap on the chest or shoulder, as bucking no matter how mild is not acceptable behavior. But to haul off and swing at his face repeatedly, and then chase after him as he escapes her grasp...so not necessary and not effective training method....
Again TOOL and not a sharp one at that.
Next time I hope the horse steps on her face.:evil:

Also I like how someone had to hold the crop for her...shows again the lack of riding skills she has, cant hold a crop and a set of reins at the sametime. People like that don't deserve to own goldfish never mind horses

shesh even i could ride that buck + did you notice? she literally SMILED as she walked over to grab the whip. i mean, she SMILED! OMG how could you SMILE when you were going over to be ur horse like that

If I ever treated my horse that way, my trainer, my sister, and my mom would both have me strung up by my neck...not even kidding. And you can bet I wouldn't have a horse anymore.

I watched the free lunging video and I have to say, that horse is extremely patient. Lakota would've kicked me in next week if I tried doing that with him. You can tell the girl obviously doesn't know what she's doing. I just want to take that poor horse away from her and take care of him.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.