The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Have you ever seen a rider so bad that you wanted to look away to avoid catching their suck?

Now, we've all been a bad rider – and*some of us still are! ("us" being horse people collectively) And it's not that you, like, don't talk to someone who's a poor rider; you just... can't help but notice...

I mean... look at that. Ew!

But what really makes up for all of their riding faults is if they have a good attitude and try hard and are there to learn, rather than showcase their ability and take some minor tips.

You know what's worse? A rider who's okay, but acts all holier-than-thou about it, and "talks down" at other people (especially if it's you!) and talks a big game without being able to back it up. :\ That's just... unattractive.

And for your last dose of suck....

Gawd...

What do you say to that?

Nothing. That's what.

Ranting complete.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
whats up with this ?

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
whats up with this ?
Well the entire thought started while I was looking at pictures of me riding last June... It makes me kind of... sad. :\

What... what is this?

x&

.. does this girl have your permission to post these photos?

ouch.
This is me. I guess it would be hard to recognize poor Mudpie under all this suck. *nods sadly* But he's such a forgiving love that he didn't even mind:)

·
Registered
81 Posts
OH! haha, for a minute I thought this was a girl you knew and you were just ragging on her... should have looked a little closer. For a minute i was like, "meooooowwwww, catty move."

haha, although you might not love what you see in these photos atleast you can look back and see how far you've come, right? It's good to be able to watch your evolution as a rider!

·
Banned
4,289 Posts
Oops - major post edit...didn't read your last post...haha...

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OH! haha, for a minute I thought this was a girl you knew and you were just ragging on her... should have looked a little closer. For a minute i was like, "meooooowwwww, catty move."

haha, although you might not love what you see in these photos atleast you can look back and see how far you've come, right? It's good to be able to watch your evolution as a rider!
That would be terrible :\ I do appreciate being able to look back and see how far we've come, though! It's just one of those things... *shudder*

The horse is doing an awesome job!
Yes, he's a wonderful, forgiving sweetheart!

Mudpie is Gorgeous!!! and you are . . well . . . BAD!

Feel better now?
Yes, thanks:) xD

·
Registered
446 Posts
Haha I was about to sayyyy Biiizzaaattcch before even reading the rest of the post just cause "WHO WOULD POST PICTURES OF ANOTHER RIDER JUST TO BASH THEM???". But then continued on your whole original post and figured it was you.

And I must say, you look much better than I did when I made an attempt to just *sit* in an English saddle.... I love the super serious face in the last photo haha

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Laugh!! Honey, we were ALL BAD at one point..No one just sits on a horse and "poof" Olympic rider..If they do, I need some of whatever they're taking... I have pictures of me many years ago and I just laugh and say "Oh My God! I was terrible! and I thought I was good!!" Big ego crush...but hey, when you get to the point of knowing you were terrible. You've made the biggest change and know better now. You've "become" the better rider..

ETA - I still get those awful faces..I have my "focus face" in a ton of pictures..

Reactions: mudpie

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Eaugh! What is this madness?!

I'm flailing up on his neck while my leg rotates back to his flanks, jumping ahead a ridiculous amount. I'm so much on his shoulder that my poor green boy has to heave his shoulders up, curling his neck back, to get over, while I am looking both down and backwards and leaning to the side.

Dear lord! xP

·
Registered
8,176 Posts
Girl I got you soooo beat with my first year showing. Someday when I'm really hammered, I'll post them. I've got one where I'm so far up my horse's neck over a fence, I can see his nose hair!

Face it, without evidence like this, we'd never have motivation to improve our riding.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It just makes me cringe. SO glad we've been on a steep upward learning curve since then and have improved so much!

·
Banned
1,689 Posts
.. does this girl have your permission to post these photos?
If mudpie were the photographer, then it doesn't matter who the subject is or whether or not the subject agrees to the publication of the photos.

Photos taken of someone or something in public belong to the photographer, not to the subject unless the subject pays for them.

So, even if that wasn't mudpie herself, she wouldn't need permission from whoever is in the pictures.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If mudpie were the photographer, then it doesn't matter who the subject is or whether or not the subject agrees to the publication of the photos.

Photos taken of someone or something in public belong to the photographer, not to the subject unless the subject pays for them.

So, even if that wasn't mudpie herself, she wouldn't need permission from whoever is in the pictures.
Well luckily it is me, so that's all good:)

I would never post pictures of someone else – especially not under a thread called "bad riders!" xD

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.