The Horse Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today and yesterday I have had a banner advert coming up at the bottom of the screen when I was reading a thread. I can't tell you if it was the same one - sorry - but I think it was a blue coloured one for a financial institution both times.

I don't think it's behaving as it should as it is obscuring the thread, and annoying my eyes.

I'm viewing on an iPad.

Thanks.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Try getting Chrome and using Adblock - should get rid of it (plus all the other ads too :D )

·
Administrator
3,334 Posts
Try getting Chrome and using Adblock - should get rid of it (plus all the other ads too :D )
Are you able to provide us with a screen shot of the bottom pop up ad and the URL of the add? This is only showing when using your iPad?

We will further investigate this issue once you are able to provide us a screenshot or the URL of the ad so we can request to block it from the network.

Regards,

MD

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know how to do screenshots but I will study it the next time.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you Chokolate. Okay, here is one of those pesky banners.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I have been getting them on my i phone,annoying:-( . as I scroll sometimes I hit the banner taking be to the page:evil:

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here it is again. It flashes up in the middle of the screen then pops down the bottom

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They are getting more frequent and more annoying. Banners that pop up on the bottom, obscuring the script, then when I scroll the screen they get dragged with it and end up in the middle.

They flash about and get in the way.

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
Go to the bottom of the screen and in the bottom left you will see a drop down-
"quick style chooser"
--horse forum
--default style

choose "default style" you will no longer see the ads while viewing HF, I also think there might be an option in the "user CP" for the default view while logged in.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, I couldn't find that in the bottom left (maybe it's not there in the iPad version), but I think I have found it in User CP.

The background has turned blue!

And hopefully the ads will have disappeared too. Thank you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts