The Horse Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love just riding her around with the halter, she is such a good girl :) Here are some pictures:

Thanks for looking :D

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
I love doing that too! (Actually just did today) I love your horse's coloring, I have always wanted a red dun (Atleast I think that is what she is!)

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you guys! We had lots of fun :)
paintluver -- yeah, she is a red dun, i love her colouring too, thanks!

I am 5'9 and she is only 15.1hh so I look a little tall on her, but she is so cute! hehe she is like a little pony to me :)

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
I don't think you look big on her, you guys look good together.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't think you look big on her, you guys look good together.
Well thats good! Thank you!

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Isn't that fun! Love the picts.
I've ridden Hunter like that too but I have only ridden him 2 times (he is just learning). Can't wait til next year when I can start really riding him lol My legs are longer on him than yours on Lena so don't feel bad. (We are still all thinking that Hunter will grow some more)

We are in Beautiful BC too - cept had snow last week. grr

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you everybody, it is alot of fun riding with just a halter isnt it!? It makes you feel so relaxed, and close to your horse, which means you can feel their warmth. Lena likes it alot better than having all her gear on, she has her ears forward all the time :)

Hunter65 : Oh that is awesome! I live up in the okanagan, we barely got any snow this winter :( Last week we had a little hail, but it only lasted for 5mins, so that was alright and weird :)

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Thank you everybody, it is alot of fun riding with just a halter isnt it!? It makes you feel so relaxed, and close to your horse, which means you can feel their warmth. Lena likes it alot better than having all her gear on, she has her ears forward all the time :)

Hunter65 : Oh that is awesome! I live up in the okanagan, we barely got any snow this winter :( Last week we had a little hail, but it only lasted for 5mins, so that was alright and weird :)

I actually live in Vancouver but we have some property near Merritt which is where we got the snow - YUCK!

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Gotta tell you, I envy those wonderful hills behind you in the pics! Great set-up for conditioning a horse, arena right to hills!

Your Lena looks like a sweet heart, and you both look good together. Have fun!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks everyone for the comments :)

Gotta tell you, I envy those wonderful hills behind you in the pics! Great set-up for conditioning a horse, arena right to hills!

Your Lena looks like a sweet heart, and you both look good together. Have fun!
Thats the place I board at, they own 1000 acres in the mountains. Awesome trail riding! Thank you! :)

Yall look so great together :) I hope I can get my horse to that level as well when I get her.
Thank you! I rode her like this for the first time about a month after I had owned her, I have owned her about 3 months now. She really enjoys riding tackless, and she is pretty easy to turn like this too :) One time I rode her with nothing but a rope around her neck. It was alright, but kinda hard to turn haha. But she would never do anything that would put me in harms way :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts