The Horse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else enjoy it? I have only ever done it with this particular lesson horse because I felt so safe and confident with him. I think it might be quite a while before I can do that with my 4 year old OTTB mare...ouch.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Love it! Dont really do it anymore cause my horse has insane wither and a bit of a nut haha But did it all the time on my old horses Red and lolly and my mates old horse Savvy! was soo fun hehehe highest i got was about 1.05m i think which was on Savvy and Red =D But Lotto was only 3-4 when i had him so jumped him smaller.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Oh yeah-- LOVE it. I would jump Bareback anyday! :]

I remember I was so happy.. when I jumped a skinny bareback I was so proud of my Paint. <3

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
great pic ! i love jumping bareback as well !!

·
Registered
106 Posts
anything bareback! Cantering, jumping, trail riding, you name it I'll do it! :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
i used to go bareback all the time. i loved it. you have such a better connection with the horse without the saddle. me and one of my friends at the barn used to love taking bareback jumping lessons together. the trainer would set up jump courses for us and loved to throw in rollbacks and sharp turns etc to try to make it difficult for us. the courses were all 2'6" -3'. some of the boarders there thought we were crazy lol but we loved it. i just wish i had pics

·
Registered
130 Posts
i love going bareback and my horse must too he hates saddles :)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I did lots of smaller jumps before I tried to go to that height. Practice two point without stirrups to strengthen your ability to do it bareback in mid-air, and you can try to practice it bareback on the flat too, it's just very difficult. Grab some mane! When you land, lean back and try not to slam them hard in the back with your butt.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
I love bareback!!! haha my new mare has huge withers and a huge gaits so its sooo hard to sit! but i do it anyway... bareback and bridless is my favourie way to go!

·
Registered
254 Posts
I love bareback!!! haha my new mare has huge withers and a huge gaits so its sooo hard to sit! but i do it anyway... bareback and bridless is my favourie way to go!

Same i've really been working on riding tackless!

definately keep at the bareback- it helps improve your balance immensely.
:)

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
I live to ride bareback. Although for some reason it always does something wacky to my position when I jump - I feel secure, I land soft, but I tense my upper body up weird. Anytime I try to work on it, I end up doing some other silly thing :lol:

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
i LOVE jumping bareback =] i feel so much better with out a saddle haha

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Same i've really been working on riding tackless!

definately keep at the bareback- it helps improve your balance immensely.
:)
your hrose is really cute! haha the first time i ever jumped my horse we went bridless with just a rope round her neck.... it worked great! minus her crashing threw the jump a few times!:lol: glad to know there are other people on this forum that jump bareback and bridless!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts