The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are so excited to bring this girl home. She has impecible breeding and she's such a unique color. The AQHA decided she's a Dun with roan factor. With her winter coat she's the color of her face with black legs, but underneath it's white, like in the pictures.
I want a strong, feminine name as her barn name. I like Riata, but not sure if that's perfect. Yes, I'm a little ******* and alot country, so nothing in a different language or anything like that :0)

·
Registered
16,205 Posts
Using the direct "strong," "feminine," "little bit *******," and "whole lot country"...how about Reba?

Reactions: gunslinger

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Using the direct "strong," "feminine," "little bit *******," and "whole lot country"...how about Reba?
I absolutely love Reba, but my husband won't let me :0/. I'm still working on him, though.

·
Registered
16,205 Posts
Why is the hubby opposed to Reba?! o_O

·
Registered
14,635 Posts
Reba means fish in Croatian. Maybe her hubby doesn't like fish, or Reba McIntyre?

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
I like Reba too.... some other names I think would be strong or fitting

Ophelia
Calliope

With the color varitions I even thought of Kalediscope or maybe mix it with Calliope to come up with Caliope... I don't know, I'm weird

·
Registered
16,205 Posts
Kaleidoscope would be fun. You could call her Kallie.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't think he likes naming her after someone. He wants her named something that will stand on it's own, if that makes sense. You never know...she may just name herself. She's not overly friendly, but very curious and definetly an extrovert...she loves to explore and torture her little half sister she's with right now until I bring her home.

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
LoL, even though she's a girl, I vote for Rebel.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
He really likes Loretta. I might change it a little and make it Laretta. Like Laretta Lynn. Then when I get really mad she'll have a middle name :0)

·
Banned
890 Posts
I just got a new horse, too. Her name WAS Osita- which means divinely strong. I didn't like it, so I changed it to Mercedes. But Osita sounds like something you might like :)

Congrats on the new girl. Its so very exciting, isn't it!?
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.