The Horse Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are looking to build a barn/stable. At the time being we are not looking for fancy but maybe something that can be built for a decent price yet serve its purpose.

Now I know you dont know what my opinion of "decent" is or what my price range is. That being said, I figured if you would possibly post pics of yours I could get ideas of things to do with ours within our price range.

Thanks in advance for any pics you show.

Joe

·
Super Moderator
27,662 Posts
I can't find a good shot of the front of my barn (on this computer) but It is a National Barn and it has 6 stalls with room for 2 more. That's what I use for feed and hay storage. It has sliding doors and 12x12 stalls with rubber matting in only one stall for now. There are 2 dutch doors and a large overhang (I'll ask husband what the dimensions are). It is also tall enough to put a hayloft in and has some sky lights with sliding doors on either end.

Total cost for them to put the entire thing up (in a matter of days) was about $38k.

(I threw that one picture in of my riding arena just for laughs. It had about 4 inches of water in it!)

Attachments

Reactions: Tianimalz

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
We just finished building another simple 28'x30' barn/shelter that is extendable in 28'x15' increments. We built the 'horse' side 10'x30' as a shelter instead of stalls since our mares are out 24x7. It's a bit of work, but the cost of the materials was just a bit over $4000. It's 15' at the ridge, so we'll be building a loft in it in the spring.

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
Thanks for the pics. As far as stall doors such as sliding doors etc. is there a good place to order from?
Posted via Mobile Device
If you want one place that has most of the common things you would need (e.g. stall doors), Tractor Supply is a good place to go and has reasonable prices.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am not sure how many stalls you are looking to have but what I did was I ordered a metal carport that is 20 by 21 enclosed on 3 sides with extra leg height and hurricane anchors ( which came in handy as we are in NC and Irene came through in late Aug. It was less than 2000 delivered and set up. Then we built 2 stalls inside with a center ally and rear storage for hay,feed,ect. The whole thing has cost less than 2500 and is perfect for my needs. I will post lics in a few minutes
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am not sure how many stalls you are looking to have but what I did was I ordered a metal carport that is 20 by 21 enclosed on 3 sides with extra leg height and hurricane anchors ( which came in handy as we are in NC and Irene came through in late Aug. It was less than 2000 delivered and set up. Then we built 2 stalls inside with a center ally and rear storage for hay,feed,ect. The whole thing has cost less than 2500 and is perfect for my needs. I will post lics in a few minutes
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
11,953 Posts
I need to get some pics, don't have many that show the barn on my pc. (at least without horses in them or other things)

The best pics I could find with the barn in them
(pic was of newly built strawberry bed...)
Land lot Grass Fence Landscape Pasture

Horse Mammal Vertebrate Foal Colt

Couple other shots where you can partly see the stall fronts. We built them ourselves, we had some trees cut and milled in our woods and it was a lot cheaper than buying pre-made.
Horse Mammal Horse tack Horse supplies Bridle

Horse Mammal Mane Stallion Mare

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I rent my house and barn but I think it cost 50k to build this: 5 stall barn with tack and feed room plus an overhang on one side.

It has big sliding doors on both sides. You can kind of see the overhang- used to tractor storage

Shot one of feed/tack room:

Shot 2:

2 of the stalls- there are 3 on the other side but this side shares a wall with the tack room

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.